𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆

quote: "she dreamed impossible dreams. Followed her heart and created her own little fairytale," — unknown

⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆

CASPER LAUGHED, STRINGS OF cheese from the pizza stretched in strings. Casper's ghostly uncles chewed in sync like always the food splattering onto the floor. I had always helped Casper clean it up, but lately, my mother had been doing it, bless her poor soul. My mother had now finally decided to live here, she had now quoted, "They need us just as much as we need them, I have decided to stay and I knew you had on the first night." She was happier and I guess that was what my father would have wanted. I knew that my mum was happy to spend her time hanging around with three mischievous ghosts, but it came to me that mischievous was an understatement.

I was full. I ate a much as I could, my mum ended up glaring at me, obviously judging my unladylike manners. I had of course given her that look of 'what did I do?' and pretended to be oblivious to her.  I turned towards Casper turned towards the setting sun, gazing through the dusty and murky window. Casper's ocean blue eyes were deep in thought, he bit his lip, then almost jumped out of his seat. I frowned a little no one could have scared him unless he was afraid of thin air or possibly because I was staring at him.

"May, how about we go to The Lake Tree?" Casper asked suddenly. I would have turned to my Mother but she was chewing slowly, laughing along with Stretch. "Pardon?" I had asked, dazzled in his appearance. I knew I would be like this forever, He smirked and winked. My mother seemed to be (finally) appalled that he would so something like that, but she had sort of had to know by now that we were very serious about one another. Casper smiled, quickly gathering our plates and I pushing in out seats before you could possibly even count to three. "Casper," I muttered, wanting to help him as he walked to the old sink, that had been here since Casper was, but my Mother had made some alterations at there has been a few leaks and bursts here and there.

"Can we please go?" I had asked, for the both of us. My mother nodded, then Casper pulled me along. Casper pushed open the side kitchen door and we stopped at the main entrance, Casper managed to catch me before I tripped which I was very thankful for. Casper walked a little in front of me as his strides were a fair bit longer than mine and pulled out a thick blanket that smelt like dust even from a distance and was frayed and very old, and then an old torch that reminded me of 'The Famous Five,' by Enid Blyton. Casper switched the switch on the old torch and then using his sweater sleeve to wipe away the dust, making it shine brighter, bewitching his face in a bright glow. "I thought it would be fun, stargazing." He muttered, smiling nervously.

I couldn't help but giggle girly at our red flushed faces. "Let's go then!" I exclaim almost a little too over exaggerating, then I felt a pang of heartache. I hadn't been stargazing since my dad died. I hated that I had often referred to things about my father like this, but he had become a ghost that almost failed to exist. Casper pulled the thick woolly blanket under his arm, it seemed rather light, but the dust had smeared his light chocolate brown sweater. I didn't want him to struggle, carrying it there and back, it was at least a ten-minute walk. He pulled my hand into his intertwining them together, I had suddenly felt the warm, goey feeling that made my heart flutter. It was such a simple action, that was so effective.

Casper hummed a gentle melody, that seemed to be from his past life some or of lullaby. It was much slower and built up over time. Casper's voice was gentle when he sang the tune that didn't have words, it sounded rather angelic. It made me smile, he had given up so much and lived his ghostly life alone for years and years, that bleed into decades. Casper was finally truly happy. This was all I ever wanted for him, my wish seemed to be his, different but the same aim; for Casper to be alive. I was scared he would turn to a ghost before my eyes, that this was all a too real dream.