𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒

quote: "when I first met you, I honestly didn't know you were going to be this important to me," —unknown

⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆

MY EYES DART FROM where I'm sitting it couldn't be him, after all, he shows up. He said to everyone that he wasn't going, he's been a jerk to me, to everyone. And to add to the list of most embarrassing things in my life is that he's coming towards me. A girl who is sitting on the most uncomfortable bench watching the whole town dance.

My mother didn't go, she didn't go because of dad. She's doing it again, forgetting him again. I knew that there was a part of me that wished for this moment when I was younger but I no longer felt it. Jason held out his hand, which I took, forcing myself. He pulled me up to my feet. I don't want to be in this situation. And to the love of God, a slow song comes on and I wanted nothing more than to run away or vanish as Casper can.

"May, I'm sorry." He starts his attempt at an apology really poor. "I've treated you wrong, ever since kindergarten." I snort in disgust who did he think I was? There was no way I would ever believe that after what he had done he would be kind to me or attempt to apologise. "You've treated me horribly since my dad died. Why should I forgive you?" I blink twice awaiting an answer. "Because we're friends and I'm a screwup." He says his chocolate eyes looking in mine. "We are friends right?" He asks, peering down at me and for a moment I wanted to forgive him. "I suppose," I say reluctantly agreeing with him.

Jason pulls me closer and I stiffen, "more than friends maybe?"

"No, way. You just crossed the line, buddy. Don't you dare treat me like this! You're trying to take advantage of me you jerk. I was trying to be nice, understanding, possibly your friend." I push him away, sending him backwards. He manages to maintain his balance. I honestly didn't I know I had this much strength. "Well, I hope you have a nice night." Then I run, I give an Abby a nod from the dance floor, for her to stay she doesn't deserve me ruining her night. She looks right at me, and mouths, 'I'll call you.'

Maybe I was a little too harsh and didn't hear him out. I had realised what friendship was. I had realised what love was. I lift my skirts and run, I run with the wind in my hair, it swirls around me. It was like a comfort, It was odd but yet it gave me my favourite feeling of being free. My feet thud on the concrete desperate to get home. Even my feet want to go home. I had to find Casper, I had too. I just had too. I had never needed him more. I run like I never have before, I just keep going. I feel like one of those energiser bunnies, they have so much energy.

The stars twinkle in the sky above, the moon provides light for me, as I somehow find myself at the last bend, the home stretch. I follow the now dirt path, almost home. I count down the seconds now and I sighed in relief knowing that I was home. The gates greet me with the wind almost like a welcoming. I was home, Whipstaff felt like home.

I stumble up the steps barely managing not to trip as stumble towards the front door, "Mum!" No answer, of course, she was playing poker again with The Ghostly Trio, "Mother!" My mother rushes into view. "Back so soon? you still have two and a half hours." She greets me as I walk past her, she stands in front of me blocking my path. "Yeah about that...." I start, "Do-you-know-where-Casper-is?" I ask really fast, panting as I bend lean on my legs. "Casper what?" My mother asks rather puzzled. "I want to see him," I say, giving up on my mum, I run towards the stairs and she yanks me back.

"You look like you've been in a hurricane!" She exclaims. She was right my hair was a little bit out of place, just that didn't matter right now. "And run a marathon." She adds. "So? What have you done."