Chapter 8

Adrien's POV

Previously

I was doing my homework and thinking of Mari, when my phone rang out ''B''. What does Hannah want now, she annoys me with her Chloeness. "Hey, Adrien I have to talk to you now." I was flabbergasted at what she called me. She never called me by my name in a serious tone, so something is definitely up. "We need to break up publicly now! I am tired of being a liar or an illusion. I like a different cute boy, not that you are not cute. My life has been a total mess. Please lets just be friends." I never knew Hannah would actually admit it herself. Well never judge a book by its cover, I mean most people thought I would be the next male Chloe.

Marinette POV

I was flabbergasted today, I mean other than being finalists also playing the new Mecha Strike IV! Hannah Stokes was actually Anni Trent. She was just playing a mask, at first I didn't believe what she had said, but she talked about Miraculous. A game Anni, Chloe, and I created and played in primary school. We talked about how I was ladybug with the miraculous cure, and she being a fox(sorry just go with the plot) and having illusions to escape the bad guys. She told me that me and Chloe if we wanted too, could even attend her school. That seemed like a dream come true. But I had to leave Alya, but she said she was going back to her school in London as foreign exchange student. She missed all her friends in London, but she would miss me even more.

FastForward to 3 days later(Still in M's POv)

I walked across the stadium smiling when they announced my name to come forward. Now was it, everything going to change. I will get to see Chat Noir, be one of the first people to play Mecha Strike IV, and maybe go to a new school in the future.

"Now introducing, other player 1, Daniel." The boy who I was supposed to play against also came on stage. I remembered him, I and Max beat his school against in the finals. He had a look of revenge. "Now introducing Player 2 from Marinette's team, Chat Noir. Also known as Adrien Agreste." Wait, Adrien was Chat Noir!!!!! I was so shocked when I saw the light green-eyed boy come up to the stage with a t-shirt saying Chat Noir is my name and game. I wanted to vomit right now but I was on public tv so that idea is out. "The other Player 2 from Daniel's team is Avery. Wow, folks, this challenge is heated. The first team to complete the levels will win."

An OC's POV(Not my real name, character for the future, however)

I watched how Anni's friend Marinette and her ex-boyfriend Adrien beat the other team just so slight within 3 seconds. Anni told me to videotape the whole thing so she could watch it later. I was so happy they did, Avery hated me since we were young and this was my chance to see her fail! "Marinette and Adrien are our winners for 20xx! (X stands for the year). "

Back to Mari's Pov

I looked at the boy, I thought I loved, but he was my old crush the whole time. As soon as they finished interviewing us on our win, I shoved the trophy into his hands and walk away. "Mari, wait!"

"What is it Agreste," I reply to him. 

"I like you like you a lot of Marinette, spending time with you made me realize I like you."

 Adrien liked me! But I push that feeling away, "Too late for that," I reply coldly. " I loved you so hard, that I might have been a stalker. But you had a girlfriend(had is the keyword)and played me like a fool. Anyways, I and Chloe were thinking of joining Annie's private school next school year. That way I don't see you ever again."

"Wait, M please don't do this, why do you even hate me? " I told him about liking him a lot but he never noticed and considered about me more than a friend. 

"I really like you now, doesn't that count now." He held my hands, I would have been leaping for this opportunity but I say no. I even tell him, that this isn't a fairytale and the prince doesn't get whatever he wants.

I tell him, "The acceptance letter is at my home." I left him with his mouth wide opened and leave. For a moment I stopped, wondering if I should just run to him. But then the steps I take now will matter, the school has already ended, summer will be full of bakery orders, and a new school means a new life. I keep walking until I reach the bakery with my parents hugging me so tight for winning.

Adrien's POV

I was shocked, Mari was going to change schools? Just to avoid me? I feel so mad at myself, no wonder why she had a cute stutter around me, she loved me then. But now I have to make things up with her. She stopped walking, I thought she would run up to my arms, but she just kept walking. You can go all around the seven corners in the world, but nothing can break us apart, I whisper. I will make her love me again, and this time she won't regret it. First thing is first, I have to convince father to let me into that school.

Wow, 932 words? For me, that is an accomplishment. Anyways thanks for enjoying this story.

AMC(Its the nickname)