|Chapter 1: In the Beginning|

Fire engulfed the kingdom as Innocents screamed and ran from their burning doom. Nobles fought with all their might in a desperate hope of pushing away the evil that was to become of them. War had raged on between the Natives and the Intruders for hundreds of years, and this day, it would finally end. Neither side knew who was to win, however, and they wouldn't find out until the death of the red demon.

500 years later

CLASH!!!

Two teens, both holding a training stick, jumped back upon sudden collision of their sticks. One prepared to attack again, while the other held their ground. The one attacking wore a silver T-shirt with black sweatpants and tennis shoes. He had short messy red hair with ocean blue eyes, pale skin, a few freckles here and there, and a couple acne spots, not a lot, but a couple. He was about 5'11" and he looked about 18 years of age.
The other teen wore a pink tank top with Jean shorts and knee high black boots with no heal. She had silver thin socks that was barely visible above her boots, and an odd looking knife strapped to her upper right leg. She had short brown hair with blue highlights and blue at the ends of hair. Her eyes, too, were blue and she had fair skin. She was about 5'3" and she looked about sixteen in age.
The boy ran at her and she held her stick up in defence. While they were pushing their sticks up against each other, the tall male kicked the short female in the stomach, causing her to topple to the ground. The boy loomed over her, his shadow blocking the sun from hitting her.

"It seems you've given up, Mia." He observed.

"Me? Giving up?" She laughed as she began to stand back up. "Even you know that's impossible, Damien!!" She continued to kick him where the sun doesn't shine. He groaned in pain and fell to the ground. This time, she was the one looming over him as she held the bamboo training stick to his neck, signaling she won the battle. "Rule number one, Damien, never allow your enemy have a chance at gaining the upper hand." She held her hand out to help him up, which he gladly accepted.

"I'll admit, you've gotten better. But you still have a little ways until you get to become a Hunter."

"Aw c'mon!! I've memorized everything there is to know about this planet and all the combat techniques!!!! What more must I learn?!" Mia complained as they started heading to the small little house across the field.

"Just because you've learn all the techniques, doesn't mean you don't need more training. You've still got to practice."

"...I guess you're right." Mia replied, disappointed.

"You'll get it down some day, I know it. But for now, let's join my family for lunch."

"Yes! Finally! I'm starving!!!"

"Race you there!!" Damien exclaimed as he started running.

"Oh it's on!" Mia began running after him. She eventually caught up to him, but he picked up the pace. Long story short, he beat her. Mia leaned against the door post, obviously out of breath. Damien laughed.

"Ha!! Shortie!"
Mia glared at him in return.

"I'm glad we're not related." She mumbled.

"One, I heard that. And two, you practically live here so I mean, that kinda makes us family." He stated. Yeah, Mia didn't live with her parents.... She kinda, let's just say "ran away" so she went to her best friend's house, Damien Blackbarrow (😏).

"Come on you two! Lunch is ready!!" Damien's mom called. Mia smirked and walked to the kitchen.
She would eat, then later that night practice more, for she was determined to become a Hunter.

And a Hunter, she will be.