|Chapter 4: Getting Settled|

Damien led Mia to a corridor in the castle full of rooms for the Hunters and Huntresses. People walked about, some chattering, and some looked at Mia strangely. She didn't mind though, she was taught to ignore others thoughts, for most likely they weren't true. Although, one comment got on her nerves...

"She's too short to be one of us."

Mia growled to herself, then smirked.

"And surprisingly they let an idiot like you join. Guess the king should get his eyes checked." Mia commented while continuing to walk forward.

"I'll have you know I can put up a fair fight with you!" The Huntress replied.

"Oh, you can? Well that's disappointing."

"Why is that?"

"Because if you can put up a fair fight with a rookie like me, that's sure to say you're incredibly inexperienced. Now if I were you, I'd learn to shut my mouth sweetums." Mia said as she walked off with Damien. He was snickering, by the way, trying NOT to burst out laughing.

"Nice going." He told her, and Mia just hummed. "Now anyways, this is the room you'll be staying in." He gestured to a door while handing her the keys which he received from the king before they left. "I'm in that room across the hall in case you need anything, alright?"

Mia nodded and Damien went to his room. She unlocked her room and walked inside. There was a full sized bed in the far right corner of the room and a closet on the opposite corner across from the bed. There was also a small nightstand next to the bed with an alarm clock and a small lamp. At the foot of the bed was a chest made for weapons or special belongings. Next to the closet was a small black dresser and at the far back of the room was a rather large window leading to a balcony. The walls were a dark blue and the carpet was a grey color. The blankets on the bed were a red color. Mia was surprised on how cozy it looked and how it seemed that they prepared for her to stay here. She unpacked her things from her backpack and put them away in the drawers of the dresser and set her backpack aside next to the bed. She decided to look in the closet. There hung up different types of black jackets and coats. On the back wall of the closet, a sticky note was placed. Mia brought it to her face so she can read the fancy writing.

'Congratulations on becoming a Huntress, Miss. Mia! Here are some of the black jackets you can wear to fit your personality (or outfit), all of which should be your size. ;) I hope you become the best of the best!
                                    ~Rose'

Rose huh? I wonder who that could be...

Mia continued to look at the different jackets. There were black hoodies, black trenchcoats, super long black jackets, short ones, ones that look like some villains from movies would wear, or ones that look like Neo's from the Matrix.... Mia was leaning towards that one. She looked at the time:

2:35 p.m.

There was still a good portion of the day left, and she already put her stuff away. Might as well get to training. Mia slipped into different clothes. She was now only in a black tank top, Jean shorts, and sneakers. Of course, she still wore her fingerless gloves. She put her hair in a low ponytail and walked out into the hall. She walked over to a nearby Hunter and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around to face her. He had short black hair along with brown eyes and darker skin. He looked about 5'11" in height. He wore a green t-shirt along with a black sweatshirt over it with black jeans and sneakers.