|Chapter 6: Midnight Shenanigans|

That night, Mia couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned but she couldn't get over the guilt that overwhelmed her. She sat up and stood, walking over to her mirror. She didn't change into sleepwear so she decided to keep on what she had. She turned towards the mirror and looked at her reflection. A week, pathetic girl stared right back at her, her eyes pink and puffy signifying that she had been crying. If the girl hadn't been herself, Mia would've pitied her. But Mia felt she didn't deserve anything, not even pity. Since she was already up, she decided to take a walk around the castle, hoping to get her mind off things. The halls were dark and quiet, but it wasn't a peaceful type of quiet. It was just too quiet. Usually, there would be the sound of guards talking quietly, or walking around..... but there wasn't any of that. Mia decided to be extra careful with her sounds as to not alarm anyone; she looked ahead and saw a light.. funny, lights weren't supposed to be on when the King was sleeping: maybe he's awake? Slowly, the teen looked around the corner and saw something she shouldn't have. She quickly hid behind the corner and decided to listen on to what they were saying.

"I TOLD YOU, I KNOW NOTHING!!!!" Jonathan. That voice belonged to Jonathan, Damien's friend.

"I will ask you one more time," The King, "what do you know about Mia?"

"Like I said, I don't know- GAH!!!!!!!!!!" A terrifying scream escaped Jonathan when-from Mia assumed-a knife slashed him. Mia flinched; this isn't good.

"You know something. Surely Damien said something about Mia to you."

"He only mentioned that she ran away from her home and lived with him... That's all!!!"
Mia's breathing hitched. What does the king want with her?

"There has to be something more!!! If there wasn't.... why would the leader of the New Order want her?"

"Wait.....what?"
Mia's heart dropped. It was her fault that Mrs.Blackbarrow died; the New Order wanted her, and they would do anything to get her.

"Ugh... he obviously isn't going to help, and now he knows too much... kill him." The King ordered. Mia gasped.

Jonathan tried to plead.
"Stop, wait!!!! I won't say anyt-"

BANG!!!!!

Drop.....

Dead.

Tears prickled Mia's eyes. This.... this didn't need to happen; but now she has to tell someone..... Damien. Mia wanted to run, but she knew she'll get caught if she did that so she tried to sneak her way out of there.... key word  "tried".

"Did you hear that?" One guard asked. The King looked around, knowing they were being watched.

"Search the area, and bring anyone you find to me." He demanded. The knights nodded and began searching. Mia hurried and found a corner she could hide behind and hid, but to her demise, it was a dead end. If she ran into the open to find a better spot, she would get caught, but if she stayed here, it would result in the same outcome. Mia sat and began panicking. There was nothing she could do; if she tried to fight back, she would fail for she wasn't trained enough: if she stayed, she would get caught: and if she surrendered...... surrendering wasn't an option.

"Hey, I think someone is over here." A guard motioned to the corner Mia was hiding behind. She bit her lip. Think, Mia, Think!!! She couldn't think of anything that could save her.... unless.....
I guess it's worth a shot.
She began concentrating. Come on!! Please.. work, just this once. Just when she was about to loose hope, a blue aurora surrounded her. She snapped her fingers and..... she was back in her room.

"What the...How?" She mumbled. Guess it worked. Now to find Damien. Since his room wasn't too far away, she decided to walk there. She assumed the guards wouldn't really be concerned for it was the living quarters and a lot of Hunters don't sleep anyway. She walked out of her room and was instantly met with Rose.

"Mia, hey." Mia looked at Rose, her face still grim and mysterious. "Are you.... alright? You looked terrible earlier and you totally bypassed me." Rose was painted with concern. Mia looked to the side.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to speak with Damien." Mia tried shoving past her, but Rose gripped Mia's wrist.

"I wouldn't go in there. Last I saw him, he looked ticked. Not to mention he's probably asleep." She warned. Mia yanked her arm from Rose's grip and began walking over to Damien's door.

"Don't care, it's urgent." She jiggled the door knob only to find out it was unlocked. Quickly, she slipped inside and found a sleeping Damien curled up in the sheets. Awww.... he's soo cute!-wait.. what the FRACK!!!! quit thinking like that, you have a job to do, Mia, just do it. She walked over to Damien and lightly shook him.

"Damien." She whispered. He groaned and opened his eyes. Almost instantly he woke up completely and jumped out of his bed.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Shhh!!! Keep your voice down."
Damien rolled his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He repeated in a more hushed tone.

"I have something urgent to tell you, and it's not good."

"Well what is it?"
Mia sighed.

"I overheard a conversation between the King and Jonathan, and..." She cast her head to the side. Damien instantly was filled with worry. He stepped toward her.

"And what?"

Mia hesitated before she answered:
"Jonathan was shot and killed because he wouldn't give the King info about me."
Damien was shocked. Now his friend was dead.... but, at the moment he was worried for Mia. Why did the King want information about her? It's true, Damien was mad at her, but being alone made him realise that it probably wasn't her fault that his mom died, and he couldn't stay mad at her. "Damien?" Mia peeped. Damien instantly fell out of his trance and looked at her. "I'm... scared. Why are people dieing because of me?" She questioned, though she knew he couldn't answer. He followed his instincts and hugged her. He whispered words of comfort in her ear; He tilted her head up to look at her.

"Mia, look at me." He demanded. "I don't know why this is happening or who is doing it, but I promise you this...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'll find and kill the person behind this all."