|Chapter 9: My Sunshine|

Mia's body dropped dead to the ground. The blood was pooling out of her forehead- the spot where she was shot. Damien screamed calling out for her. He tried to run to her but the King pointed his gun at him and motioned for Damien to get back. He obliged and backed up. The King stepped over Mia's body and approached Damien.

"Heh, how pathetic... she sacrificed herself for you. It really is a shame she died; the New Order could've used her in great ways." The King stated. Rose and Tyrese heard the commotion and looked over at the scene. Both gasped.

"No.... she can't be dead.. she CANT be!" Rose declared in disbelief. Tyrese cast his head to the side. He knew something bad was going to happen, but he didn't try to stop it from happening. In a way, he felt guilty. Damien cried. Now, he lost everything.

"No...." Damien croaked.

***

You are my sunshine.

"C'mon big sis!!! We need to finish our puzzle!!" The voice of a little boy called out. The girl spun around to be met with an eight year old boy with a huge grin on his face. The girl smiled. Her brother was soo cute.

My only sunshine.

"I made you something, sis!" The boy held out a friendship bracelet with red and blue string woven into it. The girl took it and smiled. Instantly she wrapped it around her wrist.

"Thanks bro, I love it." The teen girl remarked.

You make me happy when skys are grey.

The girl walked back to her room, a rather large cut that would definetly scar later plastered under her left eye. The boy was in the room waiting for his sister to return. Once she returned, the boy gasped.

"Sis, did Dad do this to you?" He asked. The girl hesitated.

"Don't worry about it, bro." She replied. The boy ran up to the teen and hugged her.

"I love you, sis." The boy stated. Tears whelled up in the girls eyes.

"I love you, too."

You'll never know,dear, how much I love you....

"Bro, where are you?" The girl walked around her house, looking for her brother. Fear crept into her heart, but she tried to remain calm.

"You've been bad lately." A rather deep voice spoke.

"Dad?" The girl turned around and saw her father holding her brother. A gun was pointed at the little boys head. The girl shook her head. "Dad, whatever I did, I'm sorry!! Please don't hurt him." She pleaded.

"You have to be punished somehow for your actions. I've tried many different methods, but none of them seem to work. This... is the only way to correct you.

"Sis..." The boy was scared and confused.

"Everything's going to be alright, Andy, I promise." The girl assured.

Please don't take my sunshine away.

"I wouldn't make a promise I know I can't keep if I were you." The dad stated. A shot fired.

"ANDY!!!!!!!!!!" 

***

The king aimed the gun at Damien's forehead.

"Any last words, Mr. Blackbarrow?" He asked. Damien was still in shock. He stared off in the distance with tears in his eyes. Then he shook his head. He had accepted his fate; at least he'll see his family soon once again. He bowed his head.

"Very well, then." The king applied pressure on the trigger.

***

...please....

"NO!!!" She tried running to the boy, but the Dad shot her in the gut. She stumbled backward and collapsed to the ground next to her brother. She reached out to him. Her vision blurred... she had flashbacks of Andy, then everything went black. Her eyelids shut and she breathed her final breath.

"Heh.. good ridance." The dad commented. He began walking away, until...

BANG

He was shot and fell to the ground. The person who shot him walked over and loomed over him. His eyes adjusted and saw that it was his daughter.

"Wha- How?!"

"Good-bye, Jeffery." She called him by his first name. She then proceeded to raise her foot and to stomp him in the face, ending his life. The girl had a lifless look on her face as she looked over to where her brother was. She picked him up and placed him on a bed in her room then began to cry.

***

A trigger was pulled, but it wasn't by the hand of the King. Damien looked up. The King staggered backward, then fell, revealing the person behind him with the gun.... Mia.

"Die you lunatic." She stated with a lifeless tone in her voice. Damien stared in disbelief.

"Mia?!" He chocked out the words. Raising an eyebrow, She perked up and looked at him. He jumped at her and hugged her tightly. "Oh, go- I thought you died!" He admitted. Mia remained motionless, her face not showing any emotion.

"Maybe that's because I did."

Damien backed up and gripped her shoulders.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean exactly what I said. I died."

"But you're still here."

"Ever heard of the Lazarus Effect?"

Damien's eyes went wide. She did die... but she came back.

"I thought only the DeVue family could do that." He stated.

"I guess it affects other people too."
Rose and Tyrese ran over to the two.

"Oh my stars!! You two scared me to death!!" Rose declared. She then looked at Mia. "Well... not to death..... Are you alright?"

"Considering the fact I was shot in the face, I'd say I'm fine."

Rose blinked in confusion.

"Well.... we won! Tyrese and I should go notify the rest of the crowd. You and Damien should go get some rest."

"It's the middle of the day, Rose." Tyrese stated.

"They can still rest!!"

The group talked for a while before everyone departed. Damien went to the showers, Mia to her room, and Rose and Tyrese went to tell everyone else about the news. Mia sat on her bed and looked at the mirror across from her. She rose her hand to her cheek and lightly felt the scar under her left eye. She then lowered her head and mumbled....
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I promise, Andy, I will avenge you.... no matter the cost."