|Chapter 5: Ashes Ashes|

Mia read the note, and reread it, and reread it. She couldn't believe her eyes; something happened to Mrs. Blackbarrow and someone is blaming Mia for it.

"Damien-" Mia started, but she was cut off by Damien grabbing her wrist and dragging her away.

"Let's go."

He stated coldly. The walked through the halls, silent. The two didn't talk, mostly because they didn't want to waste time. It was currently 6:00p.m..... by the time they'd get there, it'd be 8:00, but they didn't care. They wanted to make sure Mrs.Blackbarrow was alright...... Damien and Mia exited the castle and ran through the streets of the village, searching for their truck. Finally they found it and both hopped in. The car ride was mostly silent, Mia didn't want to anger Damien, and Damien didn't really want to speak, for he knew he'd say something he didn't mean. Mia felt guilty, however. She didn't know why, for she didn't do anything, but she still felt it.

"Damien..."

"What did you do?"

"What?"

"What did you do? Something happened to my mom and the note is blaming it on you. So I ask, what did you do?"

"I.. didn't do anything."

Damien nodded, not entirely believing Mia. They decided to stay quiet the rest of the way. Mia stared up at the sky, her mind elsewhere. She hoped that Mrs. Blackbarrow was alright,and if she wasn't, she'd kill herself........ I guess Mia's gonna have to kill herself then. Damien stared at the road, hoping the worst was that she lost the house or something....not..... It's best not to think about it. They arrived at the house at around 8:30. They looked at the house and their eyes widened. Burnt. It was burnt to a crisp. Some parts of it were remarkably still standing, but most of it was gone. The two instantly jumped out of the truck and ran inside. It was dark, so they could hardly see a thing, the only light being from the moon. Damien ran upstairs, searching the rooms calling out for Mrs. Blackbarrow.

"MOM!!!!!"

"MOM PLEASE ANSWER!!!!"

"MOM!!!!!!!!!!"

He kept telling at the top of his lungs, but to his dismay, no reply. Mia walked around the first floor, looking at everything. Now, she was hoping that Mrs. Blackbarrow was kidnapped, at least then she'd be alive. She walked through the living room.... Nothing. Then she proceeded to the kitchen. There she saw a person sitting in a chair.. Mrs. Blackbarrow. Mia was relieved.

"Mrs. Blackbarrow, you really shouldn't scare us like that... And, what are you still doing here?" Mia asked, but no response. She walked forward. There was a gut-rentching smell and Mia instantly gagged. "Mrs. Blackbarrow?" She called again. No answer. It was then Mia decided to step in front of Mrs. Blackbarrow and consult her that way... But, it's hard to talk to someone when they're dead, right? As soon as Mia walked in front of Mrs. Blackbarrow and faced her, she gasped, tears in her eyes. She dropped on her knees to the ground, about three feet away from the corpse. Damien heard the sound and came running downstairs. Mia was the next closest person to him and he didn't want her hurt either. He heard crying coming from the kitchen so he ran in there. He was now behind Mia, staring straight ahead. He just grasp what he was seeing.

(Okay, this part is kinda gory)

There lain Mrs. Blackbarrow's body, burnt to a crisp. A giant hole was in her stomach with her guts hanging out. Her hair looked like it was being pulled out from her head, her skin distorted like it had been melting. Multiple gashes were found across her. She was tortured to death, strapped to a chair, then burnt alive.

(Gory part over)

A symbol was engraved in her hand.....

The New Order.

Damien was now in tears as well. Mia stood up and hugged Damien, and he hugged back, burying his face in her neck, sobbing. Mia cried too, and they stood there, weeping for a good ten minutes. Finally, the medics had come and taken Mrs. Blackbarrow's body away. They were to have a funeral later that week. After Mia and Damien rummaged through the house to find anything that could have made it, they jumped back into the truck. It was silent, and although they had that heart-touching moment a few minutes prior, Damien was filled with rage,and Mia knew.

"Damien, I'm-" she started but he interrupted.

"You're what? Sorry? Well a simple 'sorry' can't change the fact that she's dead!! Dead Mia! She's gone, forever!!!"

"It wasn't my fault." Mia croaked out. She was in tears still from what happened.

"It was too your fault!! Whoever did it, whoever killed her, did it because of you!! They said so themselves. Whatever you did got them angry and that resulted in my mom getting killed. You're hiding something from me, and I know it. Heh...... And to think once I called you my sister."

And... Shatter.

Mia felt her heart drop. She pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them tightly. She couldn't cry, not here, not now. It was her fault. She did this, she caused Damien's hurt. She caused Mrs. Blackbarrow's death. Eventually they made it back to the castle. Damien didn't say a word to Mia, and she couldn't say a word without crying. Crying shows weakness, and she couldn't do that anymore. They left to their rooms. Rose and Tyrese were walking down the halls when they saw Mia.

"Oh, hey Mia!" Rose greeted, but Mia just shoved her way past them. "Mia?" But again, Mia didn't reply. She walked inside her room and plopped herself on her bed. She dug her face into a pillow and began crying into it, screaming that it was her fault, it was her fault and now Damien hates her. But little did she know this was just the beginning.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
The beginning of a story full of heartbreak.

A/n
Well this story just took a dark turn.... ;-;