|Chapter 10: Getting the Team Together|

Mia groaned as she heard the buzz on her phone go off. She had passed out after the fight and slept the rest of the day. Currently, it was 5 in the morning. She rolled on to her side and turned on the phone. Wincing at the evil bright light, she swipped the lock screen and opened up her recent messages. The most recent message, the one that had woken her up, was from Damien.

Damien: Hey, you up?

Mia almost rolled her eyes... If only she wasn't so tired. Who's up at five in the morning? Especially after a big day? Nobody, that's it.

Mia: am now.

Damien: good :)

Mia: what do you want, Damie?

Damien: Damie, huh?

Mia: shut up. It was autocorrect.

Damien: suuuuuuuure.... Anyways, we need you down in the main hall... There are some....things we need to discuss.

Mia: what 'things'?

Damien: see you down there! ;)

Mia: ugh!!

Mia slammed her phone on the nightstand and got up to get dressed. As usual, she wore her black jacket, jeans, boots, and a tank top. Quickly and sloppily, she brushed her hair and decided to leave it down. She dashed out the door and stopped by the kitchen, only to get a bagel, then continued to run to the hall. After running into about everyone and everything in the castle, she managed to get to the main hall. Damien, Rose, and Tyrese stood around a round table. They were awfully quite and were most likely waiting for Mia to show up.

"What took you so long, sleepyhead?" Damien teased.

"Sorry that I don't fancy waking up early in the morning." Mia groaned as she walked up to the table. She yawned. "So what's this all about?" She asked mid-yawn.

"Well.... Now that the king's gone, the kingdom is going to need time to heal. Which means that the other Hunters will be staying here for a while. Which also means there need to be some people who are willing to go out and fight for our people." Rose explained.

"So you're saying you want to formulate a group to protect this planet from chaotic people and creatures that will most likely lead to our impending death?" Tyrese stated. "I don't know about you guys but I'm in!"

"I don't see why not... We could do some good for once." Mia reasoned.

"Rose and I already decided that we were in so I guess that's settled!" Damien exclaimed.

"Cool! When do we set out?" Rose asked.

"Tomorrow morning, that'll give us some time to get ready."

"Tomorrow morning?! A man needs mental time to prepare too!!!" Tyrese exclaimed dramatically. Mia sighed.

"I'll help him. You two should go get ready." Mia suggested. Damien and Rose nodded and took off. Mia turned on her heel to face Tyrese. "You were just kidding, weren't you?" Tyrese seemed to ponder for a little then shook his head.

"Nah." Mia's only response was a chuckle as she turned to walk away. Tyrese took offense to this action. "What? Am I not allowed  to prepare myself for the trials to come."

"No, it's just you act like a complete child all the time." She replied.

"You're only 16!!! Shouldn't you act younger too?!" he exclaimed.

"Not if I want to save the world."
Tyrese pouted.

"Fine then."

Mia shook her head.

"Come on, we need to get ready." She lead them to their rooms where they packed for about an hour and a half. Afterwards, Mia and Damien met up and told everyone about their departure. All Hunters understood and wished them good luck. The rest of the day was quite normal; the team did their normal routines, as well as spent their time with their companions before they had to go. The next morning, the group met up at the front gate with their things. Damien had gotten a dark blue jeep (no roof) for the four to drive in. The crew set their bags in the bag.

"Well, I guess this is really happening." Damien stated.

"Yeah.... let's just get in the jeep and go." Rose stated as her and Tyrese got in the jeep. Mia followed but Damien grabbed her wrist.

"Hey Mia?"

"Hmm?"

"Im glad I'm going to be able to do this with you. I would rather have it no other way." Damien smiled and Mia returned it.

"Same here, Damien." Mia replied; they both got in the jeep. Damien was driving and Mia sat in the back with Rose. Mia looked over at Rose and
smirked.

"This is going to be one interesting group."