|Chapter 2: Departure|

Mrs. Blackbarrow had made delicious sandwiches for the two teens. She herself wasn't super hungry, but she enjoyed seeing the two happy. As soon as Mia was finished, she went into the kitchen to thank Mrs. Blackbarrow.

"Thank you for the lunch, Mrs. Blackbarrow." She thanked as she started working on the dishes.

"Oh no, sweetie, you don't have to do those!" Mrs. Blackbarrow scurried over to Mia and lightly shoved her, but Mia was a little too stubborn and didn't budge.

"No really, it's alright. I've got it. You go relax, okay?" Mia assured.

"But it's not alright! You must practice to become a Hunter. Isn't that what you want?"

"It is, but what good is a Hunter who doesn't even care for the civilians needs, hm?" Mia questioned, to which Mrs. Blackbarrow pondered.

"You're a stubborn young lady, you know that right?"

"Yep." Mia and Mrs. Blackbarrow enjoyed each other's company for a little while until the silence was broken by none other than Damien.

"You need me at the castle?"

Mia instantly perked up. The castle? That's strange... Why would Damien be needed at the castle?

"Mmhmm... Alright,we'll be there soon." Damien hung up. He walked into the kitchen, and almost instantly, the interrogation started.

"What was that all about?!" Mrs. Blackbarrow practically yelled. Mia placed a hand on her shoulder in a way to say 'chill out'.

"The castle?" Mia asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Yeah, the castle," Damien sighed, "apparently the Hunters now a days have been growing short. Those that try joining tend to be inexperienced so they end up.... Well, not making it. The New Order is getting bigger every minute and the creatures keep getting more violent."

"Alright makes sense.... But why do YOU need to go to the castle?" Mia continued.

"I'm apparently one of the better Hunters they've noticed, and they have a mission for me."

"...oh."

"Yeah.... I don't even know what the mission is yet. But they did tell me one thing..."

"And?"

"They want me to take you with me, Mia." Damien stated. Mia's heart practically stopped. Her? They want her too? Castle? What??

"Uhhhhhhhh...."

"Judging by the way they said it, I don't think you have a choice." Mia stared, then slowly nodded. Mrs. Blackbarrow wore a face of concern.

"Will you be back?"

"We'll be sure to visit if things go the way as planned." Damien stated. Mrs. Blackbarrow nodded, tears forming in her eyes. She ran up to Damien and hugged him, to which he returned.  They eventually separated from each other.

"So...... When do we leave?" Mia asked awkwardly after the two were done hugging. The hug had reminded her of the family she didn't have. Before anyone could reply, Mrs. Blackbarrow engulfed Mia in a hug as well. With hesitance, Mia eventually hugged back. Their hug didn't last as long, but it was still a heart touching moment. Damien cleared his throat to grasp their attention, which it did.

"We leave in ten minutes. Make sure you have everything you need." He stated as he began to make hast to his room. Mia watched him leave.

"He doesn't look too pleased....." She observed.

"Probably because he doesn't want you to leave." Mrs. Blackbarrow inputted. Mia faced her direction to acknowledge she was talking. "He treats you like a sister he never had. Being a single child is kinda hard for him, and when you came along and became friends with him, he instantly was happier. Then just a few months ago, when you decided to stay with us, he thought of you as a sister. He's just.... Worried for you." Mia nodded.

"I know you're worried too..." Mia started.

"Indeed I am."

"So I'll make you a promise," Mia sighed and continued,"I'll watch over him.. make sure he'll be alright."

"What about you? You're less experienced. Surely you'll get killed."

"I don't care what happens to me, and I do not want you to care either. Damien is all that matters right now."

"But-"

"Just listen! Alright!?!" Mia snapped, then realization hit her. "I'm so sorry.... I just-... Be safe, alright?"
Mrs. Blackbarrow nodded. Mia walked to her room. She didn't really have any personal belongings, besides her knife and a golden locket.  She packed a few sets of clothes, and the locket; She already had the knife on her so she didn't have to pack that. She slipped on her pink hoodie that Damien bought her and headed down stairs with her backpack. Damien was already down there, talking with his mom one last time before they left. He looked over to Mia.

"We better be going now." He said, and his mom nodded.

"Be safe." She told them as they walked out of the door.

"Will do." Damien replied, but Mia stayed silent. It was an old red truck they were going to drive in. Damien threw his and Mia's bags in the back, then hopped into the front seat. Mia was already waiting in the passenger seat. They buckled and Damien turned the engine on; soon, they were on the road to the castle. Mia stared out the window, watching the beautiful green scenery whiz by, no trees in sight, just fields.

"You nervous?" Damien asked. Mia shot a glance towards Damien, who was focused on the road, then turned back to look towards the front.

"A little. You?"

"Yeah. But don't worry, we'll be fine."

"I'm sure we will be." Mia concluded. There was silence for about ten minutes, until Damien decided to speak up.

"Ever heard of the legend of the Blue Angel?"

"Damien, I'm sure everyone on this planet has heard of that legend."

"Any thoughts on it?"

"Yeah. I think the people should get their heads out of the clouds and focus on what's happening here and now."

"So you don't believe it's true?"

"No, I don't."

"Don't you think it would be nice though? The legend states that the Blue Angel would save us all, that a woman with a blue aurora would be her and she'll rid this planet of evil."

"If she was going to save us, why didn't she come five-hundred years ago when our planet needed her the most? Why didn't she save us from that war which caused the Chaos on this planet today?"

"Maybe it wasn't the right time."

"I doubt it."

"I'm just saying. Who knows, maybe we'll see her someday."

"If you ever meet her, take a selfie with her and call me. I'll give you twenty bucks and then maybe I'll believe."

"I'm gonna hold you to that." There was a short silence until Mia spoke.

"..... Damien?"

"Yeah?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I'm glad to have you as my brother."