|Chapter 7: Let's De-Throne the King!|

Although Mia was happy that she "made up" with Damien, there was still a task at hand.

"Damien, what about the King?" She questioned. Damien looked puzzled for a second before he realized what she meant.

"At dawn, we will tell Tyrese and Rose about what happened, and hopefully, they agree to help us put an end to the King."
Mia nodded. "And sleep here tonight, I don't trust that you'll be safe on your own."

"Okay." Mia looked around the room and found a spot next to the window that looked comfortable to sleep on; she was used to sleeping on the ground anyway.

"What do you think you are doing?" Damien asked.

"Finding a spot to sleep. Do you expect me to watch you sleep or..?"

"You won't be able to fall asleep down there."

"Now who said that? Besides, it's not like you have a spare bed or anything."
Damien sighed and walked over to Mia. She lifted her eyebrow and tilted her head in confusion until he picked her up bridal-style and plopped her on his bed. He crawled under the covers beside her. Mia's face flushed a bright red.

"D-Damien!?!?!"

"Just shh. We're siblings, remember?" He said as he pulled the covers over her as well. She hesitated but soon fell asleep with her back facing Damien.

*****

It was now dawn and Damien and Mia were prepared for anything. Mia went to her room once she awoke and got changed into a dark pink tank-top with jean shorts and knee-high black boots. As usual, she wore a long-sleeved black jacket with a pink hood over the top of her outfit. Both Damien and Mia were armed with pistols, daggers, and grenades and they were now going out to see Rose and Tyrese. They were outside in the middle of a field behind the castle, training until Damien and Mia showed up. Soon they did, and Rose greeted them.

"Hey guys! What's up?" She asked. Damien was the first to speak.

"There's something we need to discuss." he stated.

"Well, what is it man?" Tyrese asked. Mia looked around the area to make sure no one was listening then spoke.

"The King killed Jonathan and is out to get me." She explained simply. Rose's and Tyrese's mouths dropped to the floor.

"What?!" They exclaimed.

"Quiet or they'll hear us!" Damien shushed. The duo nodded, and Rose spoke up.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's not like you can just de-throne the King." Tyrese stated. Damien and Mia shared a glance before looking back at the two.

"Well...." Mia started.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." Rose groaned.

"Do you have any better ideas? If so, we are open for options." Damien asked. Tyrese stared blankly then nodded.

"I mean, the King's son seems to be just enough, if we de-throne the present King, then we most likely won't have to deal with this again." Tyrese concluded. Mia smiled.

"That's what I was thinking!" She exclaimed.

"Are you guys insane?!" Rose yelled.

"...yes." Mia mumbled. Rose glared, then continued.

"How do you plan on de-throning the King?! Everyone is loyal to him and only him! If you try to attack him, there is no doubt people would defend him. At this rate, it's us against an army of FREAKIN trained soldiers!! And we are just some inexperienced teens."

"Oh ye of little faith, who said we were going to attack him?" Mia backfired. Rose tilted her head. Damien looked straight at Tyrese.

"You know how to hack into things, am I correct?" Damien asked him. Tyrese nodded. Damien continued. "Security cameras flood the halls of the castle, if we could hack into the castle's mainframe, we could retrieve footage of the King killing Jonathan."

"Alright, but how do we get the public to see it?"

"Ever seen one of those news displayers in the sky? We hack into that or say we have a special announcement, then BOOM, the public knows what the King did."

"That sounds a little too easy."

"Does everything have to be hard for the heros?" Mia asked."Trust me, we are not in one of those cliche sci-fi books written by some random 'wanna-be' on some stupid app."

"That was... oddly specific. But still, there might be those few who will remain loyal to the King." Rose continued on with her 'smart point'.

"Never said there wasn't gonna." Damien continued."But this way we'll have way more people on our side."

"Agreed." Tyrese said. Rose sighed.

"Why did I have to get the type of friends who always risk their life for people they hardly know?"

"Don't know. It's DESTINY." Damien joked. Rose playfully hit him in his arm.

"You know I don't believe in that, Damien." Rose laughed.

"You don't have to believe it in order for it to be real."

"That's true."

Mia sighed and smiled.
"I hate to be the 'mom' friend here, but we should probably get going if we want our plan to work out." She stated.

"Yes, thank-you. We get to do something now!" Tyrese groaned. Damien smiled and shook his head. These guys are sure something else. "Come on! Let's De-Throne the King!!!" Tyrese exclaimed as he pulled Mia's arm in the direction of the castle. Mia smiled as she tried to keep up with Tyrese. Rose laughed and Damien chuckled as he began walking in the direction of the two.

"Wait, Damien!" Rose stopped him. Damien stopped and turned to face Rose.

"Yeah?" He questioned.

"Do you... like Mia? Like in a lovey way?" Rose asked curiously.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just curious."

Damien pondered for a moment then shrugged.

"Dunno. Maybe, maybe not. It all kinda depends. But she seems to see me as her brother and it'd just get weird if I liked her that way."
Rose nodded in agreement.

"OI!!! YOU TWO GONNA COME HELP US KICK BUTT OR WHAT?!" Mia yelled from across the field.

"We better get going or she'll have our heads." Damien stated.

"It's funny I don't doubt that statement whatsoever." Rose chuckled and began running across the field to meet Mia and Tyrese. Damien soon followed.
.
.
.
.
What have they gotten themselves into?