Chapter 2 - The Tales

Hi guys, so sorry for not publishing this chapter earlier. So I have been thinking, and I decided not to make this story just like the drama, Legend of the blue sea. I will putting my own twist in this and I hope you will enjoy it 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Hundreds of years later...>

Many humans believe that Mermaids are just fairytales. They are wrong. In the depths of the ocean, there lives a kingdom of Mermaids and Mermen, Anahita.

The Kingdom of Anahita was peaceful and calm. It was protected by a barrier and only a few Mermen and Mermaids can pass it.

In the past, all Mermen and Mermaids can pass it. But after a tragic incident happened, there was a curse put on the barrier. That's why, fewer Mermen and Mermaids were found swimming in the ocean...

<At the castle of Anahita...>

It was night, everyone in the royal family was asleep, except for a few Guards protecting and guarding the castle.

Suddenly, a Mermaid came peaking out of her bedroom.

Mermaid: "All cleared."

She then, quietly swam along the corridor. All of a sudden, a guard was walking by. She quickly hid behind a tall vase.

The Mermaid started breathing heavily and her heart began to beat faster. She covered her mouth to prevent from screaming.

The Royal Guard was suspicious and search around the area. Unexpectedly, he saw a few tiny air bubbles forming above the vase. As he was walking towards it...

Ariette: "Is there a problem, sir?"

The Guard was surprised.

Guard: "Umm no, Princess. I should be getting back to work."

He bowed and swam off. Ariette moved closer to the vase.

Ariette: "Rose, I know it's you."

The Mermaid came out of her hiding spot and she sheepishly smiled at Ariette.

Rose: "Oh hey sis, I didn't expect seeing you here..."

Ariette gave Rose an unpleasant stare.

Ariette: " Rose, were you planning to escape?"

Rose: "Me? Escape? *Laughs* I would never!"

Ariette folded her arms. Rose sighed.

Rose: "Alright...you caught me, but it's my dream to see what is beyond the barrier! I don't want to be stuck in this castle anymore..."

Ariette could see the sadness in Rose's eyes. So, she swam beside her and said,

Ariette: "Come with me, Rose."