Chapter 20 - The Barrier

<Back on the boat...>

Hak: "Be prepared, little brother..."

Hak and Hawk stood opposite from each other, creating a large distance. There was an incredible tension between the both of them.

Travis and Ling Ling came running onto the boat.

Travis: "What's going on?!"

Ling Ling: "Rose!"

Ling Ling rushed towards Rose and kneeled beside her.

Rose: "Ling Ling...where's Kim and Ariette?..."

Ling Ling: "They are fighting off the last few men. Are you hurt?"

Ling Ling said in a worried tone. Rose responded with a sad smile.

Rose: "I'm fine, but Hawk..."

Rose's trembling eyes moved to Hawk. His eyes were fixed right at his older brother. Travis spoke up.

Travis: "Hawk! We can end this together!"

Hawk shook his head in disagreement.

Hawk: "No, Travis. This fight is between me and my brother."

Hak gave out another smirk.

Hak: "Brave words. But, their not enough to win you victory."

Hawk's blood started to boil, his temperature heating up.

Travis: "Hawk, let me battle with you!"

Hawk raised his palm and signaled Travis to stop.

Hawk: "Travis, I don't want to repeat myself. I had already made my decision."

Travis: "But-"

Ling Ling: "Travis."

Ling Ling looked at Travis and said his name in a stern tone.

Ling Ling: "I didn't agreed for this to happen either. But, we can't go against Hawk's wishes. We need to believe him..."

After hearing Ling Ling's words, Travis was hesitated to accept it but he gave in and allowed for the battle to proceed...

THE BATTLE

The two brothers got into their comfortable positions and gripped onto theirs swords 🗡.

Rose, Travis and Ling Ling could not do anything but to watch the battle as spectators.

Rose: Hawk...

Thunder roared through the sky and the waves were getting heavier. Ling Ling wrapped her arms around Rose, confronting her.

Ling Ling: "It's going to be alright, Rose..."

Rose was scared and terrified. She doesn't know what the future has to hold. But she kept on reminding herself to calm down and trust Hawk.