Chapter 3 - The Escape

Hello my fellow readers! I am so sorry for not updating for so long. School has been really stressful for me and I was not able to write due to my exams. 😣 Okay, let's get on with the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<The next day ~ At Breakfast>

Rose, Ariette and their dad were having breakfast together. It was really awkward between all of them. Their dad coughed to break the silence.

Dad: "*Cough*, so, how are you girls doing?"

Their dad was the king so he didn't have time to check in on them and even take care of them. He was just too busy with his job.

Ariette: "We are doing fine, dad."

Ariette smiled.

Dad: "That's good to know."

Their dad's eyes move over to Rose and he noticed how quiet she was. Rose was picking on her food while her hand was resting on her cheek. He could tell Rose was spacing out.

Dad: "Rose."

Rose: "Huh?"

Rose jolted out of her imaginations when her father called her. She looked at him and replied.

Rose: "Yes...dad?"

Her Dad sighed.

Dad: "Always in your little dreamland."

Rose: "Sorry, dad..."

He gave Rose a small smile.

Dad: "It's fine, Rose. Anyways I have something to say to both of you..."

Ariette: "What is it, daddy?"

Dad: "Remember Ariette about your engagement with Prince Kim I talk to you about a few days ago?"

Ariette: "Ah...Yes, what about it?"

Dad: "This includes Rose too."

Rose looked up at her dad, confused.

Dad: "Since Ariette would be taking over as the new Queen of Bartholomew..."

The kingdom of Bartholomew is another Mermaid and Mermen Kingdom located not far from the Kingdom of Anahita. The two kingdoms wanted to join alliance. Thus, both kings have decided to wed their first born children together. Prince Kim is the Son of the King of Bartholomew.

After their wedding, Prince Kim and Princess Ariette would immediately become the new rulers of Bartholomew.

But for Rose, the King of Anahita have made plans for her future....

Dad: "After my retirement as King, Rose, I want you to became the new Queen of Anahita..."

Rose's eyes widened. She stood up from her chair.