Chapter 8 - The Curse

Rose: "*Gasps* No..."

Rose could not believe who it was. Her eyes were fixed right at the strange.

???: "Yes, Rose. It's me..."

The stranger spoke in a very soft and gentle voice. Rose shut her eyes and threw her arms around her sister.

Rose: "Ariette!!"

Rose burst into tears and immediately apologised to Ariette.

Rose: "I am so sorry!"

Ariette gently pat Rose's back.

Ariette: "Shhh..Don't cry, I'm here now."

Rose had miss Ariette dearly. There were nights when she couldn't sleep, knowing that she had left her Father and Sister back in Anahita. Rose wondered if she was able to see her family again.

They broke the hug.

Rose: "B-But how? How did you find me?"

Those questions have been roaming in Rose's mind.

Ariette: "That is not important right now. Rose, there is something I need to tell you..."

Rose: "What is it-"

Suddenly, Rose's ears were ringing. She could hear loud footsteps coming towards both of them.

Rose: "Quick!"

Rose grabbed Ariette's wrist tightly and quickly dashed off to the opposite direction.

<In Rose's Bedroom...>

Rose swing the door open and threw her sister into the room. She locked the door and rested her back on the door.

Rose: "Phew! That was close..."

Ariette almost fell after Rose roughly dragged her into the room. She got back onto her feet and curiously asked.

Ariette: "What happened? And why were we running?"

Rose looked at Ariette.

Rose: "There were people coming, it was probably the castle guards. If they see you, they will think that you are an intruder or something! Plus, you may get sent to prison."

Ariette: "Omg the prison?! I don't want to get lock up!"

Rose: "Exactly."

Rose's eyes then moved towards Ariette's necklace. (Go to the previous chapter to find out how the necklace looks like)

Rose: "What is that?"

Rose pointed at it. Ariette looked down and held the crystal.

Ariette: "Oh, you mean this?"

Rose nodded.

Rose: "Yes. Where did you get it from?"

Ariette stared at the blue crystal closely.

Ariette: "Well, this was actually part of the barrier jewel but unfortunately, it was stolen by a particular mermaid..."