CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
ovii.
BLAST TO THE PAST

__

THE SUNS RAYS beat down against my ivory skin, tanning under the heat. No wind was to be felt as I silently laid onto the giant rocks, my eyes closed as I listened to the beat of the music. Beverly's radio played the lyrics of AC/DC, 'You Shook Me All Night Long'. I slightly bobbed my head, tapping my fingers as I sang it in my head. Although I could feel the heat drenching into the pores of my skin, I knew that wasn't the only thing landing on my body.

As I didn't dare to open my eyes at a slow rate, I could feel the stares of the boys who sat only a few feet away. Just after the chicken fight, Stan had claimed something had touched his foot. Out of fear, he didn't seem to need to go back into the water. Instead of leaving him out, we all decided to sunbathe instead. I needed the color, anyway.

Although I wasn't fond of the idea of laying down in just my undergarments, or the towering scolds I could hear my father state, I tried pushing it to the back of my mind. Besides the music that ran and echoed, it seemed to be terribly quiet. To my thought, I would think the boys would converse with each other. A little, at least. But no words were distributed under the voices of the radio. Slowly opening my eyes, I turned to my left, Beverly to my side.

Her head laid back like mine, sunglasses propped against her face. With my eyes traveling from her to the boys, they all sneaked glances to Beverly and I. Eyes would travel from Beverly, to then me, and back to her. Although I could see Ben's eyes only glued to Bev, everyone seemed to take glances between the both of us. My cheeks felt the sudden blush, my face burning under the attention. My eyes caught the eyes of Bill, his eyes widening as he was caught.

My face flushed even more, quickly looking away. Beverly sat up, the boys trying to look away as if nothing had gone on. Their faces were now flushed as they were caught in the act. Sitting up along Beverly, I couldn't deny the flutter inside the pit of my stomach for what I caught Bill doing. Sitting up, I watched as Richie grabbed at my small bag, opening the zipper as I quickly made my way over to him.

"What's with the bag, ghosty? Mind if I take a look?" He began to rummage through my things, pulling out the Polaroid as he examined the object. "Didn't seem to take you for this. Personally, if you want, I can be the center of your photos." Richie sent a wink my way, my hands aggressively grabbing at my bag.

"I'll try not to," I sarcastically state, trying to grab at the camera that he didn't let go.

With a quick movement, he held the camera up, pulling Stan to his side as he snapped a picture. I rolled my eyes, smiling as I watched the two boys wait for the picture fade. Handing the picture and camera to me, a wink was sent my way. "Just for safe keeping. You might miss me when I'm gone."