EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE
oooo.
THE BLOOD OATH

__

HERE I STOOD, my nightgown tattered and dirtied, relieved yet stressed. My toes curled inside my drenched socks, heart racing as I pondered outside my houses door. Everyone had parted their ways once we left the sewers, no words spoken between everyone as we all bid our small goodnights.'. I couldn't blame the crew. Everyone had muted themselves after the lasting fight. I had only gave Bill a small and parting smile, before making my way from
the Neibolt house and back home.

And as I awaited outside my own household, it wasn't my fathers yells and screams of what stopped me. It wasn't the punishment I would receive for my bi-polar behavior these past days and weeks. It was knowing that when I walked in to the home, my best friend wasn't going to be there to meet me.

With a heavy exhaling sigh, I slowly turned the door knob, taking a step into the house as I already felt the heavy weight of loneliness. Pushing a strand behind my ear, no sounds were audible in the silenced house. Walking through the hallway, I slowly entered the kitchen, looking for my dad as my foot steps were barely audible against the polished wooden floor. I stopped in my tracks when I had found my father sitting at his seat near the dining table.

His eyes were shut, the rotary dial placed right next to him. He didn't seem to notice my presence, sleeping lightly against the palm of his hand. Although I had wanted to wake him up, he seemed peaceful for the past weeks. My behavior hadn't got the best of him.

At this moment, he seemed the most calm.

With my hands starting to fumble with each finger, I let out a small sigh. "Dad?" I softy whisper.

His eyes instantly snapped open, an expression of worry coating his face as his eyes land on me. He instantly shot up from his spot, walking over to me as his eyes wander my dirty pajamas. "Monet- where have you been? I've been calling the police for the past hours, they've insisted on sending a search party-"

"I'm so sorry," I croak out, my eyes beginning to water as I shake my head. "For everything. For everything that I've done to you." As each word fumbled out, they become shakier as more tears started to spill.

My fathers hand reaches up to cheek, wiping away the stray tears. "Honey, it's okay. But where have you been for the past five days?"

Five days? I was done in the sewers for that long? It had only seemed like a couple of hours. My mind rambled with excuses, trying to come up with an idea that sounded presumable."I-I'm sorry, th-that I didn't tell you where I went. Recently, Frankie had gone missing." Instant memories came back as I saw him, laying limp with no living soul.