CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
viii.
MURDER CASES AND MISSING CHILDREN

__

I MADE MY way into Ben's room, my eyes instantly darting to the printed pictures hung against his wall. Papers were lined of black and white photos, varying from missing child posters to old printed posters.

I walked over to the crowded wall, eyes skimming the bone chilling papers as I lined my fingers against them. Bill seemed to find his way to my side, looking forward to the pictures I stared at. Richie let out a small chuckle, everyone finding a spot as to where to look first. So much to look. Too much to look at.

"Woah, woah- wow," Richie breathed out.

"Cool, huh?" Ben stated, almost proud to have all the creepy pictures settled in his room.

"No, not at all. Nothing cool about this."

"Maybe a little bit creepy? You researched all of this, and hung it up in your room. Don't you get a little weird out knowing you sleep with this?" I looked over to Ben, the boy shaking his head as he stepped closer.

"Doesn't keep me up at night, no. But, it's actually interesting if you take the time to read it." Ben made his way towards my side, pointing out the pictures while telling the history and background behind it.

As I listened to every word, I couldn't help but feel slightly light headed. Everything was slowly starting to tick off, testing me to the point of where I would give up and go home. Gazing over the pictures and looking at the missing children's faces, I know longer had the urge to know more about Derry's mysteries.

Trying to distract myself from anything that set me off, I looked towards the awkward map that was tapped to the wall. Pointing over to it, my voice came out as a small whisper. "What's that?"

Bens eyes followed my hands, looking towards the map. "Oh, that? That's the charter for Derry Township. Found it in one of the books in the library."

"What a nerd alert," Richie coughed out, earning a hard glare from everyone in the room as Ben continued with his history.

"Actually quite interesting. Before, Derry had started as a beaver trapping camp-"

"For everyone's luck, it still is. Right boys?" Richie nudged Eddie to the side, the boy pushing his arm away as both Bill and I rolled our eyes to each other.

"Can you let Ben at least finish his sentence, Richie?" Stan held his arms over his chest, his expressions telling us that he was done with Richie's crap.