CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER 15
ooxv.
A FEELING OF HOPELESSNESS

__

WARNING !

( anyone who is easily sensitive may or may not need tissues )

AN EERIE SILENCE had confined he space where I keyed, a whip of cold air coating on my cheeks. I didn't once open my eyes, letting the sounds of nothingness consume me.

Do I really want to open my eyes?

The same question I made up, had repeatedly sunk into my head as it was asked over and over. The voice inside my head didn't get louder, or even lower. With it's same tone, the question was asked the same each time.

Do I really want to open my eyes?

A question so simple couldn't have been so hard to answer, and yet I found myself with no consent as to answering. Something so easily to do, something that only took seconds to do, but I continued to keep them close. As my back laid against the ground, I felt a little intrigued as to where I was. And yet, I still choose to keep your eyes closed. With the small feeling within my fingers, they slowly moved from their abrupt sleep.

With a light touch to my surroundings, my fingers grazed along the cold liquid that flowed beneath me. Scrunching my brows, I pressed harder towards the ground, now feeling each part of me covered and drenched with water.

Where the hell am I?

Slowly peering my eyes open, I began to sit up as my body groaned with pain. Soar from before, I felt each muscle spasm as I thought a cramp would form. Letting a groan, my drenched hands met my throat, as that was where it pained most.

With just a small touch, I quickly retrieved my hands back as I let out a small wince. Trying again, at a slower rate, I began to feel my neck as they touched the tender spots. I could've guessed that my neck had been lined with streaks of bruises, swollen from the grip IT had on me. Letting out a sigh, I scanned my eyes along the dark space I was left in. My baby pink nightgown had been drenched within the puddles I laid in, coated with dark spots left from the mud that mixed within the water.

My socks had lingered within the puddles of mud also, my feet mushing inside the uncomfortable feeling. I looked around desperately, nothing to be seen as there were only ways of going forward or backward. With a fast pace of my heart, I stood up from my spot, looking back and forth as my mind raced with questions. Which way should I go? With my heavy breathing bouncing along the walls of the sewers, I decided to make myself go right.