CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER 14
oxiv
AN UNFINISHED LETTER

CHAPTER 14oxiv AN UNFINISHED LETTER

__

WARNING !
( if easily scared, do not intend to read at night )

WITH MY HEAD hung low, my fingers fumbled with each other in my lap, dreading the conversation I was about to be told l. Recently, I had just gotten into the house. To my surprise, my father hadn't been waiting near the door. He didn't rush up to me, bombard me with any questions or scowls I would normally hear. Instead, I found the man sitting at the small table, a coffee in hand as he silently read the newspaper.

I, which was odd, had been the first to speak up. It took minutes to get a small word out of him. I only stood with guilt, the feeling he made me convey as he didn't spare a second to look up. But now, I got landed to where I was now. Sitting at my chair, waiting for my father to come out of his room.

Any second, just you wait. He'll be rambling on before you even know it.

Before I placed myself onto my seat, I made sure to feed Frankie with a good amount of food, placing his bowl into my room so my father wouldn't think of giving him away as punishment. So, I locked him inside my room so an idea wouldn't spark off.

But as I awaited for my fathers appearance, he didn't make a show for the next five minutes. I waited patiently, not wanting to rush him. Not wanting to add to his temper even more. The sound of the door down the hallway made my head snap up, hearing my fathers steps coming towards me.

I didn't bother to look behind me, knowing fully that I would only be met with a glaring stare. Just keep your cool. My fathers figure walked right beside, watching him as he slowly made his way towards his seat, sitting across from me.

His eyes landed onto his hands, which had been crossed like mine, but instead on the table. A long silence had lingered throughout the house, for once feeling quite uncomfortable under the thick tension. Should I start the conversation?

"I wanna talk about today. Earlier from the day. And when I start talking, I want you to listen. You will wait till I'm done." My fathers voice had came out low, no emotion held as he finally looked up to me.

I simply nodded my head, biting the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from spitting out just one single word.

"A night ago, I told you that you weren't aloud out the house. You were only aloud to go out to get Frankie food, and then come straight home. You know, because of your previous actions."