Uh-Oh

Periods are ridiculous.
I shouldn't be punished for not being pregnant!
.

2 weeks. That's how long we've been on the road, and I had to admit I was having fun. While looking for his werewolves Nik never forgot my needs as a human, and even stopped places just for my entertainment. He had gotten me a Polaroid camera and a scrapbook since I had never really been out of Mystic falls before. My scrapbook is full of pictures of Nik and I or Kat and I, even a few picture I talked Nik and Kat into taking together. Stefan stayed out of the fun, he was a bore and just wanted to get back to Mystic Falls so he could sulk about his dead girlfriend, but Kat and I were quickly becoming best friends, I had even talked Nik into stopping his constant threats towards her. He had stopped at a mall once in every state we went to so we could have some girl time shopping together, though it always ended in my buying things for him as well instead of just Kat and I. Mostly stupid things but I had found a ring set, one saying 'The Joker' and one saying 'Harley Quinn' that I had convinced him to wear with me, making the argument that he really is my Joker and I am his Harley. He made it seem like he didnt want to wear it, but I could see how much he liked the idea and how happy it made me, I could also tell he liked it from the huge kiss he gave me after I 'convinced' him to wear it.

We were currently at a truck stop on our way to the rockys when the worst happened, or at least the worst thing that can happen to a girl around vampires. I got my period. I had been having cramps in the car and told Nik I needed to use the bathroom and just as I got inside it happened. I was now sitting in the bathroom completely unprepared, and completely unsure of how Nik would react. I pulled out my phone in a desperate attempt to not tell my mate what was happening. I had taken to calling him Nik as I toned down the over the top kinky stuff around others. It was hard for me sometimes but I didn't want to embarrass him in front of Stefan and he hadn't complained since I started.

S-Kat, can you come in here please? Don't tell Nik but I have a small problem.

K-Coming.

I sighed in relief and soon heard her knock on the door, making me open it. "I told Klaus I was going to get some snacks for you for later." I nodded.

"Small crisis...i have my period." She looked at me stunned for a moment.

"Almost forgot women got that. Wow. Okay, well when you use tampons vampires can't smell it as easily, I'll go get some from the little shop and be right back." I nodded, closing the door behind her again and sighing. That was one problem solved as I had no doubt Stefan would attack me if he smelled my blood, however one thing I always hated about my period was my mood swings, i get super clingy, like I need someone to take care of me more than i normally do, which is not good in a car with 2 vampires that arent my mates. I couldn't have picked a worse time to get my period either, Nik is so close to his wolves and I don't want to be a distraction. "Scar, I've got them." I opened the door and took one from her as she put the rest into a plastic bag.

"You're awesome Kat. I love you." She nodded happily.

"I don't remember ever getting mine but I've heard enough about what its like now a days, and I totally get not wanting to tell Klaus, but you do know he's over 1000 years old, I'm sure he knows about periods if you need something else. He won't mind stopping." I shook my head.

"I don't want him to. We stop 3 times a day for me and were so close I won't ruin this for him. It's fine."

"If you tell him I'm sure he'll stop for some pain meds, they don't sell any here." I shrugged.

"It's fine. No biggie. I'll be right out." She nodded, going back to the car as I cleaned myself up, walking back out.

"Are you alright little wolf?" I nodded.