Meeting the Family

Family.
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
.

“Stop!” Rebekah screamed as Kol went to run at daddy. I hopped off my stool, standing in front of him as if I could protect him and daddy held me against him in a tight embrace. “Nik undaggered you of his own free will, please just hear him out before you do anything else, he’s changed-“

“I’ve heard that too many times Rebekah-“ Elijah growled but she wasn’t backing down.

“It’s True This Time! Our brother has found his redemption, and it is this tiny human girl. He made a promise to her that when Mikael was dead he would free you all and try to make peace, she is the reason for our brother’s change and I think the least we can do is not hurt him in front of her.” They all seemed to be considering it and sighed, following her into the living room. I stayed in front of daddy the whole time and he seemed amused by it.

“You don’t need to do that child, we will not harm him.” Elijah told me and I nodded, still not moving.

“What exactly are you planning on doing if I wanted to hurt him?” Kol asked and I smirked.

“I killed one original, I can kill another.” His eyes went wide and all 3 brothers stared at me now.

“You killed Mikael?” Finn questioned and I nodded. “In that case, Niklaus will not come to harm by my hand, I owe you that much.” I nodded in thanks and Kol nodded as well, getting comfortable.

“Why don’t you go upstairs princess, I need to talk to my brothers.” I looked up at daddy and shook my head. “Would you like to try that again little wolf? You know I’m going to spank you if you don’t listen. Katerina! Take Scarlet upstairs please?” Katherine walked into the room and Elijah snarled. I pulled Daddy down so I could whisper in his ear.

“What if they hurt you daddy?” He kissed my forehead and pushed me towards the stairs.

“Go on princess, I’ll come get you soon.” I followed Kat towards the stairs, hearing Kol snickering.

“Dude, did she just call you daddy? Where do I find a girl that kinky?” He laughed and I heard daddy growling just before Kat pulled me into the bedroom and closed the door. At some point I heard some shouting and crashing but it ended quickly and Kat turned on How to Train Your Dragon so I tuned it out fairly quickly. We were up there for about an hour before Rebekah came up to get us and I walked down the steps with my wolf stuffie in my grasp. I kept Katherine behind me as we walked in and looked to Elijah hesitantly.

“Don’t worry Scarlet, Katerina will not come to harm by my hands. If you like her company then that is enough for me, lord knows we need you around to keep my brother in check.” I giggled as he rolled his eyes at his own statement and smiled. “You’re right Niklaus, she is adorable. Definitely what you need.”

“Damn right, come here princess.” I bounced over to daddy who was sitting in the love seat with his arms out and hopped into his lap. I nuzzled into his neck and kissed him gently before looking back up.

“Where’s Finn?” I questioned and Rebekah spoke up.

“He went to find Sage. We are going to take a trip to a volcano in Hawaii to get rid of both mother’s body, and Mikael’s ashes.” I was suddenly confused.

“So, you’re leaving me in your house alone?”

“No little wolf, I’m not leaving you.” I pulled away to look at his face.

“But you’ve been waiting to kill Mikael for so long, you should be there. I’ll be fine for a few days, Kat’s here…you need to go, it’ll make you feel better.” He knew he wanted to be there, it was just the leaving me alone that he didn’t like.