Daddy's Home

Shake me from my sleep
Whisper in my ear
Tell me it was all a dream
and you're here to make
the nightmares go away
.

“AHHHH!” I screamed as Kol stepped into the room and I ran out of stuffies to throw.

“Scarlet! Jesus Christ! Calm Down!” I whimpered, scooting away from him as he came closer and he looked so confused. “What’s going on angel?”

“Are you going to eat me?” He looked so confused and almost offended.

“Where the hell did you get that idea?” I sniffled as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

“You ate that lady yesterday, and I had nightmares that you’re going to eat me too...I can’t sleep and it’s making me feel bad…please don’t eat me uncle Kol?” I begged and he sighed.

“I’m not going to eat you, I promise. I should have just listened to Nik and waited to eat…angel, I’m so sorry…come on, come downstairs and I’ll put on Lilo and Stitch and make you some peppermint tea.” I nodded, walking out behind him and not letting him closer than 3 feet.

It was about an hour later that I began drifting off to sleep and Kol pulled me close to him so I was laying my head on his lap, I passed out to the feeling of him running his fingers through my hair.

Kol’s POV

I sat on the couch with the little angels head on my lap comfortably and couldn’t help but feel horrible about scaring her so badly. I normally didn’t really care about who I hurt or scared but I don’t harm kids, never have and never will. There’s something about this girl that just so innocent, I feel like I have to protect her and the first thing I did was scar her for life, I’m an idiot. I ran my fingers through her hair, trying to keep her calm in her sleep when all of a sudden the front door bursts open and Klaus runs in with Elijah and Bekah.

“I thought you weren’t coming home until later.” I whispered to my brother who stopped in his tracks when he saw his little on my lap.

“Why? Hoping you could get in a few more hours with my mate alone?” He growled and I was immediately confused.

“What are you talking about brother?” He glared and looked about to lunge at me when Elijah grabbed him.

“Do you want her to see you like that Niklaus?” He sighed, grabbing his bag and taking off back upstairs. “This is truly awful of you Kol, our brother is finally happy and you try to steal that away from him?”

“What are you talking about? Elijah, she had a nightmare! I was trying to sooth her back to sleep! I would never do that to Nik, she’s a sweet girl, and I like her, but not like that…I want to protect her.” He seemed to consider my words and had just nodded his head when the blonde on my lap began crying.

Scarlet’s POV

Dream

“You can’t run Scarlet!” I was sprinting through the woods, between trees and over fallen logs, trying to keep away from the voice, the feet hitting the ground hard behind me. “You can’t hide!” He screamed just as I ducked into a cave, trying to get away from the man. I came to a dead end in the cave and spun to see the vampire in front of me, his fangs dripping with blood already and his black eyes telling me he wanted more. “Don’t scream Scarlet, it’s no use…no one will hear you.” He growled, lunging for me and I jolted up from the couch.

Dream Over

“Scarlet, are you alright?” I looked to my left and saw Elijah in front of me, making me look around frantically for daddy.