Seven

We are searchlights, we can see in the dark
We are rockets, pointed up at the stars
We are billions of beautiful hearts
And you sold us down the river too far

What about us?
What about all the times you said you had the answers?
What about us?
What about all the broken happy ever afters?
What about us?
What about all the plans that ended in disaster?
What about love? What about trust?
What about us?

We are problems that want to be solved
We are children that need to be loved
We were willing, we came when you called
But man you fooled us, enough is enough

What about us?
What about all the times you said you had the answers?
What about us?
What about all the broken happy ever afters?
What about us?
What about all the plans that ended in disaster?
What about love? What about trust?
What about us?

What about us?
What about all the plans that ended in disaster?
What about love? What about trust?
What about us?

Sticks and stones they may break these bones
But then I'll be ready, are you ready?
It's the start of us, waking up, come on
Are you ready? I'll be ready
I don't want control, I want to let go
Are you ready? I'll be ready
Cause now it's time to let them know
We are ready

What about...
What about us?
What about all the times you said you had the answers?
So what about us?
What about all the broken happy ever afters?
What about us?
What about all the plans that ended in disaster?
What about love? What about trust?
What about us?

What about us?
What about us?
What about us?

What about us?
What about us?
What about us?

It's been six months. I now live in a foster home with parents who treat me like shit. I miss Regina and Henry so fucking much. I don't have a phone so I can't even talk to them. I was laying on the couch in pain from my foster father beating me yesterday. I did something "wrong" in his eyes and so I got my ass beat. I heard a knock on the door and I sighed knowing no one else was home. I got up and groaned in pain as I got up and went to the door. I opened it and my eyes widened as I saw Regina and I teared up as I saw a now two year old Henry standing beside her. "H-how'd you find me?" I asked softly. "I got help from the agency." She said quietly. Henry looked up at me and gasped. "Mommy!" He shouted and jumped up into my arms. I held him tight and leaned my head on his. "I've missed you two so much." I said and my voice cracked. Regina pulled me into a hug, getting Henry by default and we all hugged. "Please save me." I whispered brokenly. She held me tight. "That's why I'm here baby." She said and kissed my head. She pulled away and caressed my cheek. "Go get your stuff." She said softly and I nodded. I set Henry down before going upstairs and packing what little stuff I had. Then I came downstairs with my book bag and duffle bag and Regina smiled as she took my duffle. "Let's get out of here before they get back." She said and I nodded. We went to the car and she put my bag in before helping Henry into his car seat. "I can't believe he's already walking and talking." I said softly. She hummed. "He's grown up so much." She said and I nodded. I rubbed my thighs and sighed. "What's wrong?" She asked as she drove away. "I'm just... in a lot of pain..." I mumbled. She laid her hand on my thigh and I bit my lip. "I'm sorry my love. We can rest when we get home Okay?" She said and I nodded. Home. I can't wait to finally be home with them.

I woke up snuggled under the blankets in Regina's big fluffy bed. I'm naked. I sighed and held the blankets tight. "Baby?" She asked softly and I turned over to look at her. She smiled softly at me. "Come on. Dinners ready." She said and I nodded. She went over and grabbed some sweats and a tank top and handed them to me and I smiled. "Thank you." I said and she smiled before pecking my lips.

When I was changed, I went downstairs and saw Henry sitting at the table in his high chair eating Dino chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese. I smiled and ruffled his hair before kissing his head. I sat down across from Regina and she smiled. "You made lasagna?" I asked softly. She smiled again and nodded. "Of course. I know it's your favorite." She said and I smiled brightly. "I love you." I said softly and she smiled. "I love you." She said quietly. I smiled before we both started eating. I took a bite of the Caesar salad she made and hummed. "You're the only person who's ever made salad taste good." I said and she chuckled. "Or I'm just the only person who's gotten you to eat it." She said and I smirked and shrugged.

When we finished, we took Henry up and gave him a bath before tucking him in. I kissed his forehead as i said good night. I missed him so much. I've missed so much and i hate that. After he rolled over and went to sleep me and Regina left. We left his door cracked because he's afraid of the dark. We walked into our room and Regina immediately pulled me into a kiss. I kissed her back. Her and Henry were everything to me and I never want to be without them again. After kissing for a minute or two we both got back naked and we got back into bed. I pecked her lips softly. "I love you." I said softly. She smiled at me. "I love you baby," she said. I laid on her chest and fell back asleep again. I'm back with my family. They saved me and I've never felt safer.