Ten

"You.. what?" She asked and looked at me. There were tears on my cheeks as I nodded. "But I thought.. what?" She asked, her own tears welling up and i sniffled. "I-I thought I was pregnant. I-i took five pregnancy tests... five. They were all positive. T-the doctor said that ovarian cancer sometimes mocks the symptoms of pregnancy. I-i have to have emergency surgery as soon as he can get it scheduled." I cried and she rushed over, pulling me into her arms. I broke down in her embrace, sobbing on her shoulder. She held me tight. "It's going to be okay. I'm here. You're here. Henry's here. We're all here. It's all going to be okay." She whispered and i shook my head. "How can you know that?" I cried. "I can't. But I have hope." She said and i buried my face in her neck.

——

I woke up, the dim lights of the recovery wing greeting me. I looked over to see a nurse typing something on her computer. "You're awake... how are you feeling?" She asked quietly. "Tired... where's Regina?" I asked, my throat dry. "Waiting for you in your room." She said, smiling softly and i hummed. "Would you like something to drink before we go back?" She asked and i nodded. "What would you like?" She asked softly. "Ginger ale?" I asked and she nodded, getting up. She came back after a few minutes and handed me a Can with a straw in it. I took it and she sat my bed up. "Small sips okay?" She asked and i nodded. I took small sips, humming as the cold liquid went down my throat. "Were gonna take you back to your room now okay?" She asked and i nodded.

Somehow, I fell back asleep and woke up several hours later in the room i was in before surgery. "You're awake." A quiet voice said and i looked over, smiling seeing regina. "Yeah." I said softly. She squeezed my hand and I hummed. "I love you." I said and she nodded. "I love you so much." She said and i smiled softly. "So have you gotten any information?" I asked and she nodded. "He successfully removed the tumor and he sent it off immediately. We'll have the results in a few days." She said and i sighed. "A few days?" I asked and she nodded. "But that's too long." I said and she nodded again. "I know." She said and i sighed. "But.. he says since he was able to remove it all, if it was cancerous, it shouldn't need much treatment. He would just have to make sure there weren't any more of the cells." She said and i nodded. "I'm sorry I wasn't pregnant." I said softly and she frowned. "Baby it's okay. We weren't trying. It's gonna be okay." She said and i nodded a little. "If you want to try, we can..." she said softly and i shrugged. "Maybe we could wait a bit." I said and she nodded. "Anytime you're ready." She said and i nodded. "I'm tired." I said softly and she nodded. "Go back to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." She said and i nodded a little. "Promise?" I asked and she nodded. "I promise." She said and i nodded, leaning back into my pillows.

——

I woke up and looked out the window at the light streaming in and I felt a squeeze to my hand. I turned and looked at Regina and smiled. "Good morning... sleep well?" She asked and i nodded. "Yeah.." i mumbled and smiled a little. She nodded. "Good. We get to go home today." She said and i nodded. "Does that mean..." I started and trailed off. She nodded. "Yeah... he's bringing the results in a little while..." she said and i nodded. "Are you hungry?" She asked and i shook my head. I haven't had much appetite at all since my surgery. Which was four days ago. She rubbed my knuckles and I smiled.

"Good morning ladies... how are you feeling today Emma?" My doctor asked as he walked in. I hummed and smiled a little at him. "I'm okay." I said and he nodded. "Okay. Well.. I have your results. Ready to hear them?" He asked and i nodded. He nodded and came over with a file folder. He pulled a picture out and showed it to Regina. "This is the tumor we removed." He said and her eyes widened. "Holy shit that's bigger than a tennis ball!" She said and he nodded. "I.. pardon my french im just... shocked." She said and i nodded. "So was I." I said softly and she looked at me, tears in her eyes. She held on tight to my hand. "So... we were able to remove it all, very easily actually. But... the results showed that it was cancerous." He said and my heart dropped. "But... since we were able to remove it all... it's out of your body. And since it hadn't metastasized, it's gone. You're back to healthy as a horse." He said and it felt like my heart exploded. "What?" I asked, confused and he nodded. "You're one of the lucky ones Ms. Swan. Normally with a tumor that big.. it's much harder to cure. But you seem to have an outstanding immune system. There's no trace of cancer left. Except the scars of course." He said and my breathing hitched. Holy shit. "Congratulations. You beat stage four ovarian cancer." He said softly and tears rolled down my cheeks. "We'll just need to have monthly check ups for awhile to make sure you stay healthy." He said and i nodded. Regina was silent. "I'll see you in a month." He said and left the room. I looked at regina and she looked like she had seen a ghost. "H-how did we not know?" I asked and she  shook her head. "I-I have no idea." She said and more tears rolled down my cheeks. "I-I'm alive." I said and she nodded. "I... Holy fuck." I said and she nodded again. "Marry me Emma." She said and i looked at her. "What?" I asked and she nodded. "I-I could've lost you. I don't ever want to lose you. I want you forever. Longer than forever. Marry me. Be my wife. Please." She said and i nodded. "Of course." I said and she leaned in, kissing me deeply. I kissed her back. Holy fuck. I should've died. Untreated stage four cancer? I.. I should've died. What the fuck.
_______________________________________

An: 🤷🏻‍♀️ here it is