Eight

Not tryna be indieNot tryna be coolJust tryna be in thisTell me are you too?

Not tryna be indie
Not tryna be cool
Just tryna be in this
Tell me are you too?

Can you feel where the wind is?
Can you feel it through
All of the windows
Inside this room?

'Cause I wanna touch you baby
And I wanna feel you too
I wanna see the sun rise
On your sins just me and you

Light it up, on the run
Let's make love tonight
Make it up, fall in love
Try
(Baby, I'm right here)

But you'll never be alone
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here
I'll hold you when things go wrong
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here

We were shut like a jacket
So do your zip
We would roll down the rapids
To find a wave that fits

Can you feel where the wind is?
Can you feel it through
All of the windows
Inside this room?

'Cause I wanna touch you baby
I wanna feel you too
I wanna see the sun rise
On your sins just me and you

Light it up, on the run
Let's make love tonight
Make it up, fall in love
Try
(Baby, I'm right here)

But you'll never be alone
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here
I'll hold you when things go wrong
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here

Girl give love to your body
It's only you that can stop it
Girl give love to your body
It's only you that can stop it
Girl give love to your body
It's only you that can stop it
Girl give love to your body

But you'll never be alone
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here
I'll hold you when things go wrong
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby, I'm right here

I got ready for my graduation ceremony, Regina smiling and watching as she sat on the chaise in our room. She's already dressed and ready to go, in a gorgeous black dress with sheer black stockings and a grey blazer with her black stilettos (I like to call them her "fuck me heels"). She's gorgeous. She looks like a sophisticated, amazing woman (which she is) and I can't believe she's mine. I don't know how she could possibly be comfortable wearing stockings against her.. well.. you know. But if she's uncomfortable, no one would never know it. I bit my lip as I looked at myself in the mirror in my favorite pink dress. It's fitted and I normally love the way I look in it. But it doesn't seem to be fitting right. It's... too tight now. A lot of my clothes have been fitting weird lately. I frowned at my reflection and tilted my head to the side. "What's wrong?" Regina asked and got up, coming over to stand behind me and I looked away. "My dress doesn't fit." I said and teared up, my voice cracking. "It.. what?" She said, confused as tears rolled down my cheeks. "It doesn't fit. None of my clothes fit." I cried and she pulled me into her arms. "Shh babe. It's okay. We'll find something for you to wear." She said and I shook my head. "I wanted to wear my dress. I don't even want to go to this stupid thing and now I can't even wear what I want." I sobbed and she leaned her head on mine. "Hey. Calm down my love. I know you're stressed but this is your big day. You're graduating with not only a high school diploma, but a college degree because you worked your ass off and did complete dual enrollment through all of high school. You deserve today." She said but nothing could make me feel like I "deserved it". I feel like shit. I just want to get back in bed. It's like 6.15 am right now because I have to be at school for "practice" by 7. I sighed. "I don't feel good." I mumbled into her chest. She hummed. "You got yourself all worked up. I'm sure you don't." She said quietly and I frowned as I hugged her. "I feel like I'm going to puke." I said and she pulled away and felt my forehead. "You're not running a fever..." She said quietly. I shrugged and moved to change into a loose fitting dress. I then grabbed the garment bag that had my cap and gown in it and i sniffled as I looked at Regina. "I love you." She said softly and I smiled. "I love you. Do you think I need makeup?" I asked and she chuckled. "No my love. You're beautiful just the way you are." She said and I blushed. My hairs down in its natural waves. "Come on. Let's get you to the school."

Our entire class sat outside in chairs set up for us on the football field, facing the small makeshift stage they set up. Everyone else was focusing on this moment and what party they were going to tonight. All I'm trying to focus on is not throwing up. I took deep breaths and looked in front of me, not paying attention to anything else.

Sooner than I anticipated, they had called my name and I was making my way across the stage. I stopped at my principal and he handed me my diploma, my degree tucked behind it in the folder, and the photographer took a picture but I wasn't focused on him. I looked up in the stadium and smiled seeing Regina holding Henry on her lap as they clapped for me. I went back to my seat and then my focus was back on trying not to throw up.

Graduation finally ended and I moved to find Regina and Henry. I was stopped short as Mary Margret and David met me. "Oh emma! We're so proud of you." She said and I furrowed my eyebrows. David just stood there looking nervous. "Darling, we need to apologize. We shouldn't have sent you away. You're our biological daughter." She said and my breathing hitched. "What?" I snapped. "I'm sorry. When you were born, we weren't ready. And then when we got you back... well when I got pregnant, we decided we really couldn't handle two children..." She said and I scoffed. "Stay the fuck out of my life. I never want to see either of you again." I spit before pushing past them and meeting Regina, who'd heard everything. "Are you Okay?" She asked and I nodded. I gently took Henry from her and he snuggled into me. It's only about 10.30. We went back to her car and I put Henry in his car seat before taking off my cap and gown and putting it in the car, deciding to deal with my garment bag at home. I then laid my folder on top of it and took a deep breath. I closed the door and rushed to the grass as I bent over, throwing up. Regina moved after me and quickly pulled my hair back, then started rubbing my back. "Shh. It's okay baby." She said softly as I continued throwing up.

I finally stopped and breathed heavily. "Come on baby. Let's get you home and in bed." she said and i nodded. She helped me to the car and i got in. I closed my eyes and sighed. She got in and laid her hand on my thigh. i smiled and looked out the window as she drove.

When she pulled up to the house, we got out and Regina came around to get a sleeping Henry from the backseat. She pecked my lips and i hummed. "What if i have a bug? What if you get sick now?" I said and she shrugged. "Then i get sick." She said and i smiled. "i love you." I said and bit my lip. "I love you more." she said and i shook my head. "It's not possible." i said and she chuckled. "Don't argue with me blondie." She said and i giggled. "come on. let's go get you in bed." She said and i nodded.