chapter 11

The drawing begins in an hour and I pray I end up either going to Firestorm Pack or being one of the lucky ones who gets to stay.

Name after name gets drawn and it comes down to the last two.
"MARTHA WOOD AND DAWN HENSON WILL YOU PLEASE APPROACH THE STAGE."

Crap. I've been picked. A bowl is passed to Martha she grabs a little piece of paper out.
She mutters under her breath. "The Moonlight Pack? Awe come on, that's the one with that annoying Beta who won't let me be."

I laugh a little and she smiles. Obviously she likes him but just won't admit it knowing that she is a vampire. I take a piece of paper out of the bowl. Slowly I unroll it. Please be the Firestorm please be the Firestorm...

I read the name out loud disappointed. "Redstone Pack."
I look around. "Who is in charge of the Redstone pack? "

Why did I ask. I turn my eyes to where I see a hand go up in the crowd. There was Finn with his little girlfriend latched to him like a leech. She even looked like a leech...  I sigh. Of all the packs here it had to be his.

Garret looks at me with sympathy but we already signed an agreement no matter what, we would go to the packs if chosen. Vampires never go back on their word.

I head inside and pack my bag of clothes and fighting equipment to take with me. Everyone was leaving  with their group today. A van awaits me as I walk out the front door. Garret is waiting there.

"Sis, you'll be fine. Show those wolves what a vampire warrior is. Remember, never stoop to a lower level. You are still royalty."

He kissed me on the for head and punches me in the arm. "I'll see you later Rosie cheeks." I roll my eyes. I really hated that nickname my brothers gave me.

I get inside the van and am met by the  Beta who happens to be the same person who drugged me when I was kidnapped. Let's just say it was a very uncomfortably ride for the both of us.

We arrive at the Redstone pack and Finn and his leech come over to meet me. Perfect.

Finn introduces the leech. "Dawn this is Megan. She will be in charge when I am not around."
My mouth mentally drops. Since when did we agree on bosses.

Megan looks me up in down and smirks at me. Then she speaks with such a whiny voice. "So nice to me you, Dorothy."

I immediately spit back. "My name is Dawn, please get it right."

Megan slaps me across the face. "I AM YOUR CAPTAIN.. YOU WILL TREAT ME WITH RESPECT!!"

At this point I am ready to explode. I am fuming. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!!

Finn steps in. "DAWN Don't you EVER YELL AT MY GIRLFRIEND!!!

I stand shocked at his reaction.

Megan leans on Finn smirking at me. "Finny, I think she should have kitchen duty for her behavior. Don't you think?"

Finn looks at me and nods. "Your the boss. She has to do what you say."

I stand there trying to stay calm. I can't do anything about this because we are all going to be isolated away from each other. So I'm stuck with the leech and her little devil.