chapter 17

I wake up the next morning with my alarm going off. I sleepily get up and head to the bathroom to get ready for the day. I have to help set up the meeting room for the vampires tonight. By lunch time a few of us vampires have got the place looking fabulous.

At one o'clock, Vampire leaders start showing up. I see the leader from Spain pull in, then Australia, China, Germany the list goes on.

After dinner, all the leaders head to the meeting room. I'm so glad that everyone speaks English. It would have been an awkward dining experience. I sit next to Garret and look up to see an empty chair right across from me.

"Garret, I thought you said the Vampire King was coming?"

"I am here."
I turn when I hear a husky Irish accent behind me. Oh my gosh. I was expecting a man in his fifties not some one who looks 25. He is absolutely gorgeous. "I-uh yes you are here."

I mentally slap my self for responding like an idiot. He smirks and sits in the empty seat across from me. His eyes are a mesmerizing ocean blue. I seem to get lost in my thoughts because next thing I know. Garret is nudging me.
"Did you hear me Dawn?"
I nod totally lying.
"Okay good it's settled you will be training with the Vampire King. Have a good night everyone, I will see you tomorrow morning for breakfast."

My mouth drops. Did he just say I was training with the Vampire King?! I look up and see the Vampire King looking at me with another smirk on his face.
He puts out his hand. "My name is Carter." I take his hand. "I'm Dawn." Just as I finish saying my name, I feel this wierd sensation in my stomach. Then my hands begin to tingle. I immediately yank my hand away.
"How did you do that?"

Carter looks at me as shocked as I am. "So it wasn't just in my head. You felt that too."
Carter looks me in the eyes and leans in to whisper in my ear. "I think we're soulmates.."