chapter 26

Carter and I stay real quiet as we observe our surroundings. Something bad happened here. Carter points over by a tree. He whispers in my ear. "One of our kind is still alive. I'm going to him. Don't move."

I nod and watch as he carefully crawls  over to him. Carter grabs his shirt and drags him over to me. I can see the pain in the man's eyes. But he stays very quiet.

I can see the man is badly injured. He has a cut that stopped right before it got to his heart. "Commander.. I'm sorry. We were under a suprise attack. They jumped on us from the trees. They came down like rain. We were out numbered." He looks around. "Y'all aren't safe here. He points to the trees and whispers. "They're still here.."

….................

Garret POV

I can feel tears form at my eyes. I hear lots of yelling but I can't bring myself to open my eyes. My father shakes me. "Garret open your eyes!"
I shake my head. Then I feel another hand touch me. I immediately open my eyes. "MOM?!"

She smiles at me and points to the right. There lies five dead hunters at the feet of werewolves. .
Clinton's pack.

They come and help us up. I can pretty much handle myself but my father is another issue.

He groans as they try to help him up. "Let me be. I said let me be!!"

They let go and he leans against the wall. "Go find Dawn. I need to speak to her."Clinton heads out. " I'll go get her."

...........

Dawn POV

The vampire slowly closes his eyes as he takes his last breath. I turn away but he reaches out and grabs my hand.

"Thank... You Commander... For-for .. caring.."

His head slowly falls and we knows he's gone. I'm going to murder them when I get the chance. How dare they hurt my people!!

Suddenly we see the hunters in the tree look towards the direction of the cave. Then I see a shadow walking towards us... In wolf form.

Before either of us could react. Arrows and sharp knife like objects get hurtled the wolf's direction. I suddenly felt anger I had never felt before so strongly and it's in the form of the fog.
Hunter after hunter begin to scream in pain as the fog passes through tree. I can't control the fog nor make it appear on my command so Carter and I take opportunity to help the poor wolf.

For some reason my strengths back. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fog.

When we get to the wolf. He is struggling to breath. When I look at his eyes, I begin to cry. "Clinton, why did you walk through this area?!"

He transforms back into his human form. " I heard the screaming of vampires, so we ran as fast as we could to your aid.. but when we got here.. we were too late. My Beta saw a light coming out of the cave, so we ran in only to save your family from death. Your dad then asked someone to go get you.... I said I would do it."

Carter and I lift him up and head back to the cave. We both see Jennifer lying on the floor in pain. Jennifer begins to cry when she sees Clinton. "Baby, what happen?!"

He just smiles.." I love you Jen."

She begins to panic. "NO, don't you dare talk like that?! You have a son at home waiting for you and you have me. Sweetheart.. stay with me."

Clinton struggles to keep his eyes open. Then we hear a loud noise and I fall to the ground. My eyes begin to slowly close and the last thing I see is Carter  frantically running over and picking me up. I hear lots of screaming and then nothing...