chapter 19

I watch as Clinton and Finn circle each other. Everyone steps back and watches.
"Traitor."

Clinton smiles. "I don't think so..Finn. I challenge you for the Alpha title."

Everyone gasps. This is a battle to the death. Finn laughs. " Well let's get this over with. I have a meeting at 5."

The two of them run at each other. I have never seen so much blood come from two people. Twelve minutes later one wolf is dying. Finn.

He begins to gasp for air. He turns and looks at me and suddenly his eyes widen. He whispers," She put me under a spell Dawn. She didn't want us together... The only way for it to be broken is the minute before I die.. "

All the werewolves looks at their Alpha with tears in their eyes which turn to anger when they look at Megan.

She look more angry than afraid."YOU FILTHY DOG!! YOU RUINED MY PLAN!!"

Clinton grabs her by the neck and snaps it. It made everyone jump at the unexpected sudden death.

Clinton raises his fist in the air. "I am your Alpha!! Our pack shall be named GreenValley from this day forth!!"

All his pack members raise their fists and cheer. Jennifer and Kingston come out of hiding. Jennifer breaks down in tears relieved that Clinton is still alive.

Clinton picks up Kingston and smiles. "One day son, this pack will be yours. Until then, go play with your best friend Jordan."

While everyone celebrates, I go sit by Finn who is barely alive. I takes his cold hand."I'm so sorry.. Dawn please forgive me for everything I have put you through..."

A tear rolls down my cheek."It's okay Finn, I forgive you. Just breath you'll be okay.."

I know I'm lying and he knows it to.
"Dawn can you stay here with me until I sleep. I don't want to be alone.."

I nod doing my best not to break down in front of him. I hold him in my arms and we watch the clouds in the sky. "I always dreamed I would have a beautiful woman hold me... Never thought it would be during my dying day."

Finn's breathing quickens. "I love you... Dawn."
His stomach stops rising and his hand loosens around mine. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "Good bye Finn." With that I kiss his forehead and squeeze his hand for the last time..