chapter 32

CARTER POV

I bow my head as the traditional funeral Melody plays. Then a guard comes and stands by me.
"Sir there's a phone call for you."

I look at him and frown. "I'm in the middle of my mother's funeral."

He hands me the phone. "I'm sorry sir, but it's urgent."

I sigh in frustration and take the phone. "Hello?"

Then I hear Garret's voice. "Carter... Dawn has been found."

I immediately run out of the church.
"Is she okay?! Tell her I'm coming. I'm heading to the jet right now and-"

Garret cuts me off. "She's dead."

I stop in my tracks. "What do you mean she's dead?"

A few moments of silence pass. "We found her in a coffin in the well.. I don't know what else to say."

I shake my head in denial. "No she's part Werewolf. They heal themselves. Shes still alive! she has to be.."

My heart feels like its been torn in two. I need to get to her. I have to tell her I'm sorry for not keeping her safe.. this is all my fault. If I hadn't of fallen asleep.. my precious soul mate would still be in my arms..

.....

GARRET POV

I hang up the phone and take a deep breath. I can't believe this is happening. Not only did I have to bury my brother and my father but now my baby sister. She meant more to me than ... than... Why is this happening.

I head over to my sister's room where my mother is lying asleep on Dawn's  bed. "Hey, mom. I called Carter. He's heading over now."

She looks up at me and smiles sadly. "I kinda new she was gone.. the day she went missing. It felt like a piece of me died. I felt the same way when Darren died."

She starts crying. "I just hate the fact that I have to bury my own child. Twice... No parent should have to go through this."

I stand there in silence. I really don't know what to say to her. She's losing her mind over all the deaths in this family.

A guard walks in. "Sir, the funeral is going to begin."

I nod and walk my crying mother outside where a beautiful rose scenery has been set up. My sister's favorite flower. Vampires and werewolves sit in the chairs set outside the church.

My mother and I sit in the two seats in the front.

The preacher walks out and begins his  funeral sermon. I don't really hear him. All I see is the casket infront of me with my sister's pale face peeking out just enough for me to see.

An hour and a half of the service go  by and I hear a car door close. Carter has arrived. He slowly makes it down the isle. When he gets to the casket, he puts his hand on her cheek.

...........
CARTER POV

I stand there in disbelief. I can't believe my soul mate is in this casket. Her skin is so cold and pale. Gosh I wish I could go back and save her...

I lean down and kiss her on the cheek. "I love you Dawn Henson. Now and Always..