chapter 14

"Oh, heck no." I angrily march right back over to Clinton and grab him by the arm. I might not want a mate but I sure wasn't going to let him die because of me.

Megan gives a evil grin my direction. "I was hoping you would do that. GUARDS, GRAB THEM!!"

Before I could react, several guards pinned me and Clinton to the ground. My kind definitely reacted because of it. But Finn immediately shuts it down when he started shooting tiny silver darts at them
.
Silver by itself doesn't hurt vampires unless it gets under the skin. Then it's like walking through Hell.

I look at Marcus who is the closes to the door. "Run! Go get my brother!" Marcus bolts out the door and Finn sends a few after him. I pray to the Vampire Goddess that he makes it there alive.

Megan comes and lifts my head up by my hair. "Awe, not so tough now bloodsucker? You know I'm glad we made a deal with the hunters. With them targeting you guys instead of us ... Life will be wonderful. Especially (she leans down and whispers in my ear) since I'll always be the one who took both your mate and second chance mate from you."

For some reason something in me clicked and the dark powers I held inside flowed out. I didn't like what she just said to me at all.

As much as I would love to crush her with my darkness, I knew I hadn't been able to control it. So I try my best not to get it to fully unleash.

Every light in the place goes out and the room begins the shake. Everyone is staring at me as fog appears around me. Oh this isn't good. I can't get it to go back.

Suddenly I hear someone scream in pain. I turn and see a figure in the fog holding their head. Then another one begins to scream in pain, then another. All of them are wolves. Oh...oh... What do I do? I look around and see fear in the eyes of the wolves. One by one was being put in pain. If I didn't have hate towards them this wouldn't be happening.

I close my eyes trying to take deep breaths when I feel a tiny hand grab mine. A little boy about four years old is in the room watching the horrible things going on.

"KINGSTON!! YOU NEED TO GET OUT NOW ITS NOT SAF-AAH!!"

I turn to where the voice is and see a woman screaming and rolling on the ground in pain. I look down at the little boy who is hiding behind me in terror. Suddenly it hits me. He's a wolf. I grab him and rush out the door as far away from the fog that was torturing them.

I see the fog following me from behind. Tears swell in my eyes and I hold the boy tight. No, please don't hurt the boy. Please don't hurt the boy.

It circles around us and Clinton runs over as fast he can trying to get to the boy.. but it is too late. The fog has reached us.