chapter 13

I yawn as I hear the official morning siren. Yay another day...

We all head out to the field to run. Some are groaning but quickly stop when they get wacked by the queen leech.

"Alright. Today you all will train separately aainst each other. Werewolf vs. Vampire."

I roll my eyes. Anyone can tell she hasn't had training in her life. My gosh her voice is a so whiny. I think my ears are gonna start bleeding.

I easily beat opponent after opponent. Then it's just me and the Beta.
A crowd gathers around us. We begin to circle each other.
"Well, looks like you're having a good day."
I laugh at Clinton. "I've seen better."

A whistle is blown and we both go into survival mode.
Before we know it, we are both out of breath and haven't gotten either one of us down.

Clinton rushes at me and flip him over. "Dang, who trained you?"

I smirk. "My brother."

As we both get up I begin to get this tingling feeling in my hands. I shake it off. Clinton winks as he heads back over to the Devil and his little queen.

I can't wait til this is all over. We all head to the dining house. We get in there and there is no food prepared.

Megan screams. "WHY IS THERE NO FOOD PREPARED?!! DAWN!!!"

Hold up, she didn't expect me to cook today to. It was a one time thing.

She comes up to me and throw me on the ground. It is taking every ounce of my will power not to rip that hand off her body.
"You were suppose to cook for us everyday!!"

I look at her in anger. "What?!"
She looks at me and then at Finn. "I think your going to need to put her in the dungeon for the rest of the day and through the night."
Suddenly all the vampires started to protest. "SHUT UP!!! I'M IN CHARGE, YOU WILL RESPECT ME OR BE PLACED WITH HER!!!"
Everyone got quiet and looks at me. Then Marcus comes and stands by me.

"My loyalty stands with the Commander. She has supreme authority over the vampires."
Megan turns red in anger. She grabs him by the chin and smashes his head into the table.

That's it. She's crossed the line. No one hurts my people.
I grab Megan by the throat and slam her into the wall. "DON'T YOU EVER HURT MY KIND!! WE HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT OBEDIENT SINCE WE GOT HERE!!"

Suddenly Finn comes over and throws me on the floor hard. "Don't you EVER  touch the Luna. You deserve to die for what you have done." Before I could move I see Finn slide across the table and into the wall. Standing over me is Clinton.

When I look him in the eyes, I see red lots of red. I feel this tingling sensation as he reaches down to grab my hand. Wow, this is so wierd. It's like I never want to let go of his hand.

Finn is mad I mean furious. "CLINTON WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!HOW DARE YOU TOUCH YOUR ALPHA!!"

Clinton turns glaring at him. "Don't threaten my mate and we wouldn't have a problem."
Everyone in the room gasps including me.

I whisper. "Uh Clinton, this might not be the time for  those kind of lies. They won't believe them."
He immediately snaps back around and looks at me in anger. "I was not lying. We are mates, I can feel the bond and I know you can feel something. It's in your eyes."

My eyes go wide. No please not another one. I don't want a "mate."
I back up shaking my head. "No, I don't want your life. Werewolves are awful. My life has been ruined because of them. Just stay away from me. I mean it LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

I can feel tears begin to leak out. Crap. After the way Finn did his 180 and turned into a true monster, I don't want to go through that with Clinton, besides I hate wolves. They took something precious away from me and I will NEVER forgive them for that.

I see everyone staring at me and watch all the vampires trying to hold themselves together. I look at Megan and glare. "We are DONE with y'all. You went against the agreement and we are leaving. We will train on our own back at our home towns."

My people cheer and the wolves sigh in relief. I know it was hard for them knowing they had to follow their Alpha and sick Luna.

We all head out the door and I turn and see Clinton sitting on the ground looking defeated. Our eyes meet and Megan says something that makes me snap...

"Beta Clinton. You have committed treason and will be executed for hitting your Alpha and going against
your kind."