Chapter 31 - End

ALEC

"We are Pinch of Postal! Thank you and good night!" I yell into my microphone to the beautiful crowd.

I try not to get emotional as we gather in front of the stage to bow to the fans for what will be the last time this year. This tour has been a rollercoaster of emotions, but I've learned a lot about myself and what makes me happy along the way.

As we walk down the staircase, Erica receives us.

"Gabriella will be with you in a moment. She's dealing with something related to the after party."

"Promise me I'll get one beer in each hand the moment we enter it," Ozzie says, and she kisses his cheek.

"You deserve whatever you want to drink or eat for a job well done. Go change and I'll see you later."

"Guys, I'll see you in a moment," Lexy says, scrolling through her phone. "Just got a message from Victoria. She's here with her girlfriend and is asking if we can meet before they head home."

"Invite them to the after party," Joel says. "I promise I'll be in my best behavior."

Lexy smiles, shakes her head, and gives him a quick kiss before leaving. We walk towards the wardrobe room to pick some clean clothes before hitting the showers.

"Where did Lexy go to?" Gabriella asks as she enters the room.

"To say hello to your sister and her girlfriend," I say.

"Girlfriend? Are Lucy and Victoria together?" She says with delight. "What does Lexy know that I don't? I didn't know they were that far already. This is great news!"

"They should come to the after party," Ozzie says as he smells a t-shirt he took from a pile.

"I invited them, but they said they had plans. Now I know of what kind," she laughs. "Well guys, this is it. I'm so proud of you and all the brilliant performances you've given during this tour."

"Will you continue being our manager?" Joel asks and looks hopeful. "I mean, as a regular one, not just during tours."

"My role after this tour is not yet defined. I'm due some talks with the label, so let's see what comes out of it. But let's not talk about that now. I want you to enjoy your Christmas break and think of all the fun you'll have recording your new album-"

"Gabriella!"

I look over Gabriella's shoulder to see one of the stagehands inside the room. I don't know if that's his actual name, but I've heard people call him Marv. Before she can ask what he needs, I hear what sounds like a gunshot.

Gabriella falls over me and takes me down with her. I have a scream stuck in my throat and the feeling gets worse when I scoot back and realize that she has been shot. Lexy hurries inside the room, probably she also heard the shot, and the man punches her. She falls over the makeup table nearby and gets showered with glass when the back of her head hits the mirror.

"LEXY!"

Ozzie moves in front of Joel at the same moment his brother tries to get to his girlfriend and gets shot. He bends over and falls to the ground. This is surreal. I must be imagining this. The blood stain on Gabriella's pink shirt grows, and she lets shallow breaths out. Marv points the gun at me and I feel so terrified I close my eyes. Another noise startles me, but it doesn't sound like a gun shot.

"Oh shit! No, no!"

Daan has his hands over his mouth and looks as if he's lost his mind. Marv lies on the floor and next to him is one of Ozzie's baseball bats.