Seven

I sat in front of them and was storytelling to the kids when Hoseok came over and leaned by the wall with both arms crossed in front of the chest.

"And the witch.." I stuttered, looking at him. He raised his hand and smiled. I replied his smile and continued the story.

The kids were happy and stayed until the story has ended. "thank you!" They shouted in unison and bowed, showing their respects toward me. "You are welcome, see u guys again" i waved my hand and smiled while looking at them walking away.

The kids are just like the others, to he specific, they are replacing the adults. Becoming a housewife, eventhough they're not married yet lmao. They work, cleaning the house, cooking, surviving to live by themselves.

"You are professional in that" Hoseok complimented. I walked toward him and looked down to the book i read earlier. "This? No, just read the story and there u go" I laughed. "You have the excitement and spirit to tell the story to those kids. It's been a long time since we dont have any female adult here" He chuckled.

"Male can do this too" I sighed with a smile. "Not me. I dont know how to make them happy. I just know how to fight, spying, arrange a strategy--" He started to count using his fingers.

"That's not related with kids" I curved my lips and looked at him. "No worried. I can teach you" I shrugged and walked away.

Hoseok followed and walked by my side, down to the street. "Hey, i want to ask something. But im afraid if i will make u annoyed" I smiled awkwardly.

"What is it?" He asked in confusion. "Sorry to ask but.. do u have any home? i mean, your own house"

He sighed and smiled at me. "i thought you wanted to ask something nonsense. Yes, i have. It's three blocks away from here" He pointed forward.

"Then why are u living with the king?"

"Because we are always busy, and afterall, u are here now" He looked away to the kids running around. "What's with me here?" I raised my left eyebrow.

"Is it okay for u if i bring u to my home? Just the two of us" He groaned. I laughed and tapped his shoulder.

"Im important remember? Still, this town has many kids already, you won't even want to add the amount anymore" I scoffed and put on a straight face before went away, leaving him.

"Right. You got the point" Hoseok nodded. "Besides, we lived together for few days before, and you treated me.." I stopped and turned around. ".. nicely" i gave a warm smiled.

•••

That night, we unpacked our things and moved in to Hoseok's real house. We went inside and locked the door because it's night already.

"Hoseok, i forgot to ask this" I said, knocking his closed door. He opened it and asked "What is it?"

"Where..are we actually?" I laughed a bit.

"Other dimension" He smiled and walked out from the room, followed by me. "Uh, you mean like they are not like us?" I moved my hands

"Yes" he nodded and took out a pot then started cooking for dinner. "How about you? Are u not a human?"

"I am, actually, half human, half spirit" He smiled. "Now you know how i get this power right?"

"Your mother is the human and your father is the spirit?"

"Nope. The opposite" He shook his head.

"O-oh.. where are they? They died in war?"

"Mom did, but not dad. He disappeared when i was born, nobody knows where he went" He smiled a bit to the side, showing how disappointed he was but he wanted to keep smiling.
"Maybe he's still alive, and waiitng for u out there" I gave him the support. "I dont think so. It's been ages" His reply shut me down, i dont know what to say anymore.

"Thank you, for supporting me. But i think, now i just need to focus on this war"

We had our dinner thanks to Hoseok and about to sleep. Of course, in different rooms.

I was sleeping soundly and it was late when i heard a loud scream. My eyes shot opened when i heard a little boy was screaming.

Quickly, i ran to Hoseok's room. He dashed out from his room and saw me, his eyes widened.

"You heard that?" I asked. He nodded and ran downstairs, out from the house to search for the boy. We were running around our house because the scream can be heard near with the area.

I turned my head to the narrow street and twitched my eyes a bit, to get a clear vision in the dark. My hands wandered around my body, searching for my phone but i forgot to bring it.

As i walked nearer, a hand reached out to my leg. I was startled and about to kick anything that wad holding me. But i stopped when i heard cries and realised it was the little boy.

I kneeled down, pulling hin out from the darkness. His face was bruised, his right arm injured with a deep cut.

"H-H-...Hoseok!!" I was stuttered and hugged the boy right away as he started to cry even more. "Dont worry, im here" I said several times while calming him down.

Hoseok ran to where we were and lifted the boy properly, brought him to the nearest hospital. He placed him onto the bed and checked his pulse and everything.

"Are u a doctor??" i was quite shocked. "No, im not. Im a magician" He shook his head and treated the boy's injuries. "What happened to him.." i sobbed but didn't cry.

"This is caused by them" Hoseok gritted his teeth while applying the medicine and stitched the deep cut after Hoseok dipped the needle with the medicine.

The boy looked up and smiled, didn't realise he was being stitched up. "What is he looking at?"

"Touch me" Hoseok said, focusing on what he was doing. The boy laughed and smiled happily. I touched Hoseok's shoulder and the surrounding changed.

It was autumn, dead leaves fell from the trees and surrounded us. The boy was laughing when he saw the leaves. "Illusion.." i said while looking around with a smile.