Chapter 3: Found You!

Right as they were about to leave, Joker and some of his goons appeared in the doorway. 

"Hello, Boy-Blunder! Oh, and look! It's Kid Crash! how nice of you to show up!" Robin and Kid flash both got into battle stance. Robin pulled out his staff, swinging it like a baton until it landed gracefully in his hands. 

"Joker," he growled. "I knew something was up". Joker laughed. It was psychotic and raspy as if he just finished yelling at his guards. 

"Well well well.  Someone's a little grumpy today. Was it my cards? I know how much you hate those." Robin growled. He thought back to the last time he had fought Joker.

Joker circled Robin as he sat tied to the chair. he was bound by his hands and legs. He also had ropes going around his chest that were so tight, it was hard to breathe. Batman was caught in a trap himself, struggling to get free. Robin knew he was on his own. Joker continued to circle him as he pulled something out of his pocket. Was that... a card...? Robin knew Joker was crazy, but what was he going to do with a card? Joker started to walk towards him. "

So, little birdie, do you know what is so special about this little trinket here?" Robin stared daggers into Joker's eyes. He shook his head. Joker laughed that psychotic laugh. "Well! I thought you were smart! well, I guess I'll just have to show you." He called to one of his guards. Robin started to pull out a pin he had in the back of his suit. He started to saw at the ropes. One of the Joker's henchmen came through the door and had a little girl, no more than 10 or 11, in his clutches. She looked at Robin, and what he saw was heartbreaking. Her face was beaten raw, and she was crying. Tears streamed down her face, bringing layers of dirt and grime with it. And her eyes-  Oh god, her eyes- filled with pure terror. 

Robin sawed faster, trying to get the roped around his chest undone. he finished with them as Joker turned around. Robin held up the ropes so it looked like they were still tied. Joker started to stroke the card against the girl's cheek. She flinched every time he touched her. 

"Alright Girl. here's the deal." He turned away from Robin. " his card is coated with glass. underneath that glass, is Hydrochloric Acid mixed with a little bit of Joker Gas. Just so you know, Acid cannot burn through glass. BUUUUUTTTTT... Oh NO!" Joker hit the card on the wall. "There a teenie tiny crack!" 

Robin finished with his bonds and slowly got out of the chair, careful not to make any noise. The girl looked at him, and he shot her a warning glance:  stay silent. the girl nodded slightly, then returned her attention to the Joker. Robin snuck right up behind Joker. Joker turned around and he saw Robin. 

"So Bo-" He was cut off as Robin brought his staff down on his head, knocking Joker into the wall. Robin swiftly brought down the guards holding the girl. He jumped in front of her just as Joker pulled out his knife and lunged. Robin blocked him and hit him again, making it look like he was unconscious. 

Robin turned to the girl before he could say anything, She wrapped her arms around him and bawled her eyes out.  Robin started to comfort the little girl. Neither of them noticed when Joker broke the glass seal on his card and rubbed up against Robin's arm. He dropped to the ground, rolling around, screaming in pain. Batman burst in and took down Joker. He ran over to Robin and took something out of his belt. Robin later realized he was rubbing alcohol on his arm. he took a water pellet out of his belt and washed out the burn. Robin was still on the ground. The little girl came up behind Batman and watched as Robin's face twisted with pain. 

" Will he be ok?'' she asked in a shy, almost inaudible voice. Batman nodded. "

He will be fine." He said as Robin passed out.

 *End of flashback*

Robin Looked at Joker. Kid Flash stepped up. 

"What do you want?" he sneered. A smirk played across Jokers face. 

"Why, I just wanted to have a little fun!" Kid Flash remembered the link.  GUYS! Joker is in here! we could use some backup!  no response. Miss. M must be out of range he thought. Joker took a step forward. before anyone could react, he broke the glass on his card and threw one at Robin. Robin barely missed it. The card hit his cape, burning a rectangle shaped hole. Joker continued to launch cards everywhere. Kid Flash and Robin dodged, trying to get a hit or two at Joker. Kid Flash wondered how to get the team's attention. He saw a vase by the door. He picked it up and threw it at Joker. It shattered loudly, echoing down the hall. Joker plastered a look of fake offense. 

"Now what was that for?! You need to learn some manners! Didn't you mother tell you not to throw furnisher?" Kid Flash dodged another card. 

"I think she would make an exception, seeing as a homicidal maniac is throwing cards covered in acid at me!" Joker smiled as he continued to throw cards. 'Man, I wish the team was here...' Robin thought.