Chapter 5: What Joker Has In Store

Robin was dimly aware of what was going on. His arm and chest burned from where the acid hit him, and the two idiots dragging him along where gripping his arms so tight, he thought they would turn purple. Robin was so zoned into his thoughts, he did not notice that they had stopped. Joker turned his head to look at him, his eyes filled with the look of a madman. He pulled something out of his pocket and spoke into it. 

"Alright, remove the top." Robin squinted as bright light shined through the hole in the roof. A rope dropped down with a platform attached to it. Everyone got on and it started going up. 

He must not know I'm awake he thought. Joker was usually very chatty. 

"Hey boss, what we gonna do with Bat Brat here?" asked one of Joker's helpers. 

"Oh, I don't know," said Joker. "probably stick him with a few needles, get the juices flowing. wanna try out a new torture drug bane lent me." The platform reached the top and stopped. Joker dragged the presumably unconscious Robin to a cage and threw him in. Robin hit the wall with a sickening groan.  As Joker walked away, Robin remained still. He did not want to give away himself being awake. He waited until Joker was far down the hall, then started to move around. He tried to sit up but immediately regretted it. he pushed his hands into the dirt and started to move up. As he did, intense pain grew in his abdomen and his vision was tinted red. Robin laid back down, breathing heavily. 

Ribs probably broken, he thought. he looked around still on the ground. I can't just sit here. I have to find a way out. Robin grabbed the Iron bars for support. With all his strength, he hauled himself up until he was in a sitting position. Robin sat there for what seemed like hours. He tried to move, but could not. he felt like throwing up from the pain. 

Robin wished for the team. he wished to be back at the manor with Bruce. He wished for KF to be here, to comfort him. KF was like a brother to Robin. He always helped him. But now, Robin knew he was on his own. he needed to get out of here, back to the team back to Batman. Sudden footsteps jarred Robin out of his thoughts. Joker came over to the cage he had out Robin in. He had a briefcase (never good when a villain had a briefcase.) and was wearing gloves. Robin wiped the sweat from his forehead. His hair was plastered to his face and in his eyes.

"Ah! good. my little birdy is awake! I have a fun new toy to try out! And guess what... your my first luck kid to play with it!" Joker came over to the cage and unlocked it. Robin started to move, desperate to escape, but before he could move, two men came up behind Robin, breaking more of his already fractured ribs. Robin groaned from the pain. Joker looked over at his two men. 

"I wanted you to grab him, not kill him. Anyway, looky here what I have for you!" Joker put the case on a table. He unhooked the two latches. Joker turned the case around so Robin could see it contains- four syringes with milky red liquid inside. Well, thought Robin, THIS will be so much fun...