Introduction to the World

Mythos. A mystical place of wonder and beauty. Where both Science and Magic coexist without any type of issue. Widely diverse in geography, and filled with many flora and fauna. Mythos is a world of water, a vast ocean dotted by many islands. An island made of purely metal, an island that is a freezing, mountainous wasteland in the north, while at the same time being a tropical paradise in the south. Creatures that are both a mix of human and animal, as well as Anthromophs, live in this world. Mythos is a place where adventure, both physical and mental, are just around the corner.
Locations:
    The isle of Hybrids: A place where the north is a wasteland of ice and the south is a tropical paradise. The west would inspire legends of the "Wild West" in your world, which is called the realm of science. The east is large open plains, and in the middle is what the locals call The Spirit Woods. As the name of the island might suggest, this place is greatly populated by Hybrids. No, not the chimera, nor the griffin, but they exist as well. These hybrids are between man and beast, humans with draconian wings or the bladed tail of the astral panther.

  Heartwood: According to the locals, in the center of the Spirit Woods lies a place of chaos, where one can walk up tree vertically as though they were walking in solid ground, and where the air itself seems to break like glass or be wavy like a veil. Creatures never heard of or seen before can appear and disappear through the veils and broken glass of this place. Very few creatures are actually native to this part of the spirit woods, which is known simply as "The Heartwood." It is said that, in the very center of Heartwood, and thus the center of the island, there is a tree. A tree made from an unbreakable crystal, a tree that seems to be almost...sentient. Very few can confirm it, as the Heartwood itself seems alive, changing the paths on which a being will walk, as though to confuse them. If I were to be honest, it seems the Heartwood acts like a child, pulling pranks on travelers, or a military tactician, making moves to divert the enemies from their path.

    Isle of Metal: A desert island covered in piles and bizarre structures made of metal, filled with creatures also made out of metal, as well as some creatures that are a mixture of both organic and metal, such as the creatures that inspired the Stimphalian Birds. It largely resembles something of a giant scrapyard, and only the bravest of heroes go there. Apparently, going here is is something of a "coming of age" trial for dragons and draconian creatures. I personally wouldn't recommend going there until you are able to use your skills as though they were a second nature. It is considered to be the first of the Trial Islands. One thing that is definitely not recommended is bringing metal weapons. Since all the creatures there are made from metal, you will have to find other ways to defeat them. There ARE a few organic creatures on the island, but they, quite literally, spit acid, and striking them causes any metal that they are struck with to rust, so using any metal weapons is completely pointless.

    Isle of Fog: An island covered by an eternal fog. This island has creatures that specialize in stealth, and are often extremely swift as well. It is considered to be the Second of the Trial Islands, the first being the Isle of Metal. This island is more of a "trials of senses" than a "trial of combat." Since the creatures on the island are peaceful, for the most part at least, you'll only have to worry about the pit falls...and maybe a few of the creatures that are actually aggressive. One would think that this comes before the Isle of Metal, as it seems to be easier to overcome, but that is not the case. Since there is eternal fog upon the island, sight is limited to a mere three feet all around. Blind people who are skilled in Swordplay or trained in Martial Arts say that this trial is easier, but that is because they are used to a lack of vision.

    Nightmare Isle: Exactly as the name implies, this island is one of nightmares. While the name is a bit more blunt than the others, that is no reason to underestimate it. An eternal night is upon the island, as though it were cursed. The plants of the island are alive, grasping you in their vines or scraping in you with their branches. The creatures of the island are of the undead, zombies, vampires, even hellhounds. This island is the third of the Trial Islands, and is by far the most difficult to come out of alive. Only the absolute best at Swordplay, Archery, and/or Magic will survive the island. This is for only the elite to even consider attempting.

    United Isles: A small group of 20 islands, also called the UI. Each has its own rules and ruler. Since, as individuals, each of the islands has insignificant resources to defend themselves from invaders, all the rulers have decided to work together in times of need. The relationship between all the islands is shaky, as each ruler has his or her own ideas and values. There are 4 islands in each of the four compass directions, and four central islands in the middle. The central islands are all ruled by one person, and that person controls the rest of the islands in times of crisis. The islands are also home to beings that the natives call "angels" as they have white feathered wings sprouting from their back.

    Rogue Isles: This category is what the remaining 6 Islands of Mythos fall into. All the islands in this category have little villages scattered across them, all of which are ruled by a central walled city. However, these islands are sort of the Anti-UI, as all of the rulers of these islands seem to actively hate one another. The reason for this is unclear, but supposedly the first rulers of these islands were siblings with a stronger than normal rivalry, and that hatred has been passed down from generation to generation. Also, the islands are home to beings called "fallen angels" as their wings are an onyx color rather than a pure white.

Sea of Mythos: The body of water that covers most of the world and holds each island as though they were its children. The sea is filled with strange and bizarre beings, many of which has been theorized to appear from various portals created due to the unstable energies present in this world