CHAPTER FOUR

THE BODY

THE BODY

***

"I could have saved her."

***

"Madi?"

MADISON SNAPPED her tear stricken eyes up to the boy in front of her, "S-S-Steve it w-was a m-monster an-d it." She started hyperventilating.

Steve pulled her inside immediately, "What? Come on it's freezing out here." He looked over at Madi, and was instantly taken back.

Madison was sitting on his living room floor, her knees pulled up to her chest. She was rocking back and forth, her breathing was at a rapid pace, and she was shaking her head repeatedly.

Steve didn't know what to do. He had no experience with anxiety or panic attacks, but was aware Madi had it, because she'd never present in class.

He sat down in front of her and panicked, "Um-Um." He realized this wasn't helping and tried to calm down, "Hey, it's gonna be okay, look at me, look at me." He put his hands on her face and made her face him.

Madi relaxed at his touch and was forced to look at him.

"Hey, just hear my voice, concentrate on me." Steve commanded softly, looking at her worriedly.

Madi looked at his deep brown eyes and tried to concentrate on them. They looked like they were hiding something, a deep thing inside of him that she'd most likely never know. She slowed her breathing and eventually calmed down.

"There you go, now what happened?" Steve asked, scooting to where he was sitting next to her.

Madi took a deep breath and recited what happened,

Madi was taking a walk late at night, in an attempt to clear her mind. Richie, her father, was at working late tonight at the courthouse, so she couldn't do what she usually did, talk to her father. She had a certain bond with him, not having a mother,he was the only person who's always there.

Madison heard a low growl from behind her, making her flinch. She turned around slowly and saw nothing, except a streetlight flicker slightly. She continued walking, just a little faster. Her heart began to beat faster, she could hear it pound against her eardrums.

She heard the noise again and whipped around to this time see, well she didn't quite know what it was. It was black, and tall. It look as if it had long claws and it was inching toward her.