CHAPTER FOUR

WILL THE WISE

WILL THE WISE

***

" Beautiful as always. "

***

HONK. HONK. HONK.

"I'M COMING!" Madi yelled, slipping on her shoes and rushing outside, she had slept in a little late, which was unusual for her but she did stay up until 2 waiting on her father to get home.

She sighed loudly as she shut the door to Steve's car, looking over at her boyfriend, "Honest. How do I look?"

Steve simply smiled, "Beautiful as always." She blushed, that was the thing, they've been dating for a while now but he could still make her blush like it was their first date.

"Okay so I was thinking..." Steve trailed, looking over at the redhead.

Madi raised an eyebrow, "Elaborate Harrington." She put a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

Steve gripped the steering wheel, knowing she wasn't going to go for it, "I was thinking maybe....we could....skip." it came out as a question more than a statement.

Madi's eyes widened, "Skip? Steve I don't know...." she started to bite her fingernails. Steve nodded, "Totally understand if you don't want to but I'll be there, we'll make a fun day out of it! I mean come on haven't you ever ski....you've never skipped before."

She blushed and shook her head, "I've never had a reason to, I mean what do you do?" She said cluelessly.

"Here. We'll skip the morning, I have basketball practice anyways so I can't miss too much. Come on! I'll have you back by Calculus or whatever." He pleaded, doing his best puppy dog eyes.

Madi sighed, she couldn't say no to him, "Okay fine, but if we get caught it was all your plan."

Steve cheered and turned the car around excited to spend the morning with her.

*

"Hello?" Richard Andrews said as he walked into the Byers home with Hopper by his side.

"Leave it open!" Joyce called, walking up to the too, "Where have you two been?"

"I overslept. What the hell is going on?" Hopper asked looking around, "It's freezing." Richie added, pulling his blazer closer to him.

Joyce motioned for the two to follow her to Will's door, "Hey, knock." She said softly, opening up the door to reveal Will Byers, who sat staring at the wall, "We have a couple visitors."