CHAPTER SEVEN

THE BATHTUB

THE BATHTUB

***

"I saw what I saw."

***

LEAVES FELL from the trees outside of the Andrews home. The wind of late fall blowing them around in little cyclones.

Inside, Madison was watching this take place. Fall was probably her favorite season. She loves the colors, and the way the leaves gently left the trees, and vans chasing children...wait, what was that last one?

Madi looked curiously outside. It was Mike, Dustin, Lucas, and a new girl hat she's never seen before. They were riding their bikes awfully fast, and a white van was chasing them.

She looked over to watch. Suddenly the van lifted into the air. Madison's eyes widened and she backed up quickly, "DAD!"

*

Steve Harrington sat on the back of his burgundy colored BMW, a frown set upon his face.

"Hey." Tommy said, tossing him a bottle of aspirin and a can of cola, "You owe me $1.20."

Steve popped an aspirin in his mouth and sighed. Although the ice did help, he still had a throbbing pain in his head.

"Don't worry, he'll need more than aspirin when we're done with him." Tommy said, obviously talking about Jonathan.

"Yeah, if the creep ever gets out." Carol added, "the cops should just lock him up forever."

Steve held the soda can on his bruised eye and groaned.

"Did you see his face?"Carol said, mocking Jonathan while playfully punching Tommy's chest.

"He probably had that same look whenever he killed his brother right?" Tommy said, nudging Steve.

"Ugh, I just have this image of him making that face when him and Madison were screwing a while back." Carol laughed.

That's when Steve snapped, "Carol, for once in your life, shut your damn mouth!"

"What?" Carol said.

"Hey, what's your problem, man?" Tommy asked.

Steve removed the cold can from his face and looked at the couple, "You're both assholes. That's my problem." He said standing up.