CHAPTER EIGHT

THE UPSIDE DOWN

THE UPSIDE DOWN

***

"In the end, you're all that matters to me."

***

"SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?" Madi sang to herself as she sat on the couch, tapping her foot anxiously.

She had been in the same spot for a while now, and no one was answering her walkie talkie calls.

That's when she heard tires screech and headlights shine through the window.

Her singing turned into mumbles as she slowly stood up, awaiting who was going to come through the door.

The door flew open and Nancy and Jonathan stood with a bunch of variations of supplies.

"W-What's going on?" Madi asked softly, slightly scared of the answer.

Jonathan sighed, "We gotta get to work."

Next thing she knew, Madi was screwing in new Christmas lights. Afterwards she watched Jonathan set up a bear trap, Nancy load her pistol, and Jonathan hammer nails into a bat.

She was currently pouring gasoline all over the house.

"This is insane." She said to herself repeatedly, shaking her head.

*

"Remember..." Jonathan started.

"Straight into Will's room and—" Nancy said

"Don't step on the trap." Madi added.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move." Nancy said.

"And then.." Jonathan trailed, looking at Madi. Madi flicked the lighter in her hand, "I light this place up."

Jonathan nodded, "Right. Ready?"

"Ready." Nancy and Madi said at the same time. Then the trio pulled out their knives.

"On the count of three.." Jonathan said.

"One..."

"Two.."

Madi looked shakily at the weapon in her hands. She hated blood. The last time she had to get her blood drawn she passed out as soon as she caught a peek at the red liquid.