Chapter 9 (Spooky Afternoon)

The first minutes were normal. You were walking with Nishinoya on your side and Tanaka behind you, because the corridor was too narrow. It had windows on the sides, cracked, and the screens on them were simulating a storm. Nishinoya and you were pretty nervous, while Tanaka seemed like having a great time.

From time to time, you would see something moving from the corner of your eye or hear strange noises that made you feel a bit uneasy. All of the house was made of wood, so it creaked a lot. You were currently walking at the end of the corridor, which ended on an open and wide living room. Music sounded on the background and you saw a piano on the middle of the room. Its tiles were being pressed to the rhythm of the music, however no one was pressing them. Nishinoya approached it, as he moved his hands on the seat where the pianist should be. Right on that moment, the door where you two came from closed, blocking your way back.

Wait. 'You two'? Nishinoya and you were in the living room but where was Tanaka? It seemed Nishinoya was thinking the same as he began calling for his friend "Ryuu! Where are you?!" He shouted. However, there was only silence. A few minutes passed, and Tanaka was no where to be seen. It started to get cold and you hugged yourself to maintain the warmth. "We should continue" you told Nishinoya, who nodded.

You went through the next corridor, that was silent. The music had ceased a while ago, and now scratches could be heard. It was really getting on your nerves. "Are you cold?" Nishinoya asked, touching your arm. "You're shivering" he said. "Yeah, a little" you admitted. Then, he took his jacket off and put it over your shoulders. "Take this or you'll catch a cold" he said, blushing a little. You put it on, mumbling a small thank you. It was almost your size, only a bit larger. How cute.

Suddenly, you noticed Nishinoya wasn't walking. You looked at him, wondering why he had stopped. He looked pale and was staring intensely at something. You followed his gaze and found out what was causing the scratches. A thin and black silhouette was sitting on the corner at the end of the corridor. It was like dark smoke, but it formed a visible human figure. The figure turned and was now looking at you two. Both of you were too shocked and terrified to say anything or even move. Then, that thing quickly stood up and started running toward Nishinoya and you.

Nishinoya was quick to react and instinctively caught you by your arm and started running toward the other side of the corridor. You were screaming and so was he. However, another smoke figure appeared, closing your way towards the exit and you had to escape through one of the rooms that leads to that corridor.

You two rapidly entered and closed the door, locking it. It was a basic bedroom, with a bed and a wood simple table. Nishinoya let go of your arm and you collapsed on the floor, exhausted from the fright. "You okay, (Y/N)-san?!" Nishinoya asked you concerned. He sat down next to you, leaning on the door. "What the hell was that?! It seemed too real!" You said turning to him. He noticed you had tears on your eyes. And then, you wrapped your arms around him, burying your face on his neck. It took Nishinoya with his guards down, as he felt his face getting warmer. But he noticed you trembling. He began to panic as he caressed the back of your head with his hand trying to calm you. "It's okay, (Y/N)-san, they're not real. We should calm down and then go out to finish this." You nodded and recomposed yourself, pulling apart from Noya, who seemed like he wanted to embrace you more.

Some minutes later, Nishinoya was peeking outside of the door. He signaled to you that it was clear and you two started walking. You instinctively took his hand, so you won't get separate. That made Nishinoya's head start to release steam, but you were too focused on your surroundings, so you didn't notice.

Before the exit, you had to cross one more corridor. This one was full of mirrors, some of them broken. People say broken mirrors brings misfortune, so you were sure that you would get any kind of fright during the walk through that corridor. You gave a squeak to Nishinoya's hand, which you were still holding. "I'm with you, so you don't need to be scared" Nishinoya said, giving you a comforting smile. This time, you were the one to blush, as you got closer to him. He began to walk, with you just beside him. Surprisingly, you two made it to the end of the corridor without any fright. As Nishinoya put his other hand on the knob of the last door, a loud and awful scream sounded, startling you two to death. You turned around to see something approaching, but before you could find out what it was, Nishinoya had already push you to the other side and close the door.

You two were out. You sighed in relief seeing the clear orange sky of the afternoon. That was pretty scary.

"Look who are finally here!" Tanaka shouted from the other side of the street, waving at you both. "We've been waiting. Where were you two?" Sugawara said. The entire team were there, calmly talking while waiting and eating some popcorns. Nishinoya and you approached them. Tsukishima was the first to notice "Look, they're holding hands. I think we can guess what were this shorties doing" he said with a sly smirk. You had forgotten that you were holding hands with Nishinoya, so when Tsukishima pointed that out, you began to blush and quickly let go of the boy. However, Nishinoya had been well aware of that, and he felt upset that you had let go of him, but he didn't say anything.

"A-Anyways, did you all enter already the house? That was scary!" You exclaimed. "Hmm? Actually, we weren't planning on enter the haunted house" Daichi said. "I don't think I would be able to handle that..." Asahi said with a worried face.

"No! I prefer roller coaster or other thrilling attractions!" Hinata exclaimed. "Wait, but Ryuu said that all of you went to the haunted house" Nishinoya said. He looked at his bald friend, only to see him sweating a lot. "Oi! That wasn't what we planned to say!" He tried to whisper to his teammates, but you and Nishinoya could hear it clearly.

You started to walk silently towards Tanaka. He, knowing that you were the first who wanted to get out of the house, started to take steps backwards, too scared. "(Y/N)-san, calm down. I can explain" he said. But it was too late. "TANAKA, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU"

{I wanted to update this for Halloween, but I guess I made it too early. Sorry xS}