Chapter 16 (The first step)

That day you woke up earlier than usual. Since you stayed up late with the guys the night before, you didn't get much sleep. Plus the fact that you couldn't keep your excitement down.

Currently, you and your team were getting dressed. Putting on your volleyball uniform made you feel extremely happy. You quietly observed the colors of it: white and black, but reversed from the original one. It somehow made you feel special in the team. You stared at it when you suddenly remembered Nishinoya's words from one of the days you were practising together.

.
.
"You have to move all your body along" Nishinoya told you, while motioning how it was done. "I know, but it is more comfortable and faster doing it with only the arms" You replied tired and pouting at the boy. However, he held a serious expression tone, making you flinched a little. "You know, (Y/N)-chan, I love being the libero. Do you know why?" He asked you, holding your glare intensely. Due to his weird question, you gave him a confused looked. "Isn't it because you are good at receiving?" You asked him. He lightly shook his head and you stared at him waiting for him to speak. "The libero is the one who connect the ball. Connecting means everything in volleyball...

...If you connect, then you can't lose"

.
.
'That's right' you said to yourself. 'All I need to do is connect the ball. There's no need to be nervous'. Next to you stood Yui, who was confused because of your sudden silence.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" She asked putting a hand on your shoulder. You looked at her and nodded with a determined look. "Yui-senpai, let's win this" She smiled at you and quickly reunited all the team to encourage you all.

Some minutes later, the loud sound of the whistle could be heard and your team prepared for the match. You stood on the back of the court, with Sasaki on your right and Yui on your left. Aihara and the twins Sudou and Kikuchi were in front of you.

It was a defensive collocation. The team offensive was pretty good, however the defensive wasn't. So you somehow needed to balance that.

While you were planning it, you remembered something. Chidoriyama's team wasn't good at receiving either. But having Nishinoya with them made the team balanced. You tried the same with this collocation, where you, the libero stood with the broadest range, covering your teammate's back.