Chapter 15 (Fly)

"Oh my god..." Sugawara sighed, as Tanaka, who was at his side, face palmed. It was clear that Nishinoya and you liked each other. It was clearly visible to anyone. Well, except for you two.

The team observed how Nishinoya always look at you when he does a good receive, as well as you always cheer mostly for him and rush to him after practise is over to hand him a towel and some water. And now, there was that...

"Yuu! Don't overwork yourself!" you shouted from the bench. Nishinoya turned to look at you and gave you a thumbs up, along with a big smile. "Don't worry (Y/N)-chan. I'll treat you to an ice cream later!" He replied. 'They already act like a couple!' the others thought, sweat dropping.

"Hey, Noya-san" Tanaka called his friend, approaching him. The short boy just looked at him, motioning that he was listening. "Did something happened between (Y/N)-san and you?" The shaved haired asked. Nishinoya seemed to be confused. "Why do you ask that? We are just like always" he answered, totally oblivious, as Tanaka internally face palmed again.

Although you were feeling really close to Nishinoya lately, you couldn't avoid feeling annoyed every time you see him complimenting Shimizu. Ever since the day you realised your feeling towards Nishinoya, you had been more cautious around him. You noticed how cool he was and how he worried about his teammates, especially Asahi, who had a kinda weak attitude. However, you also noticed all the times he eyed a girl from afar, or when he intensely stared at the other manager. This things made you think that your closeness with him maybe only meant to him as a friendship. Thinking about that, it made your heart ache.

Despite that, you tried bottling it up to yourself. The last thing everyone needed was a drama from one of their managers. Since the preliminaries were on two weeks, the team routine's had turned into a harder one. They reunited everyday, even on weekends, to practise and learn new strategies. Unfortunately, you couldn't join them everyday since your had practise too. The female team didn't practise as much as the male team, however you could feel like they were trying their best.

Also, the last time you went to the club, they finally gave you your volleyball uniform. Because of the fact that you joined later, they hadn't got it ready before. You felt so happy when you tried it on. Finally you were part of a team. You were looking forward to play with them, and also, you weren't willing to lose any of the matches. You wanted to play.

That day, when you finished with the girls, you headed to the other gym as always. Before you were able to entered it, someone grabbed you lightly from the shoulder. "(Y/N)-chan, can I ask you a favor?" Shimizu asked you. Despite your later thoughts about her, you still liked her as your senpai. She was kind and gentle to you, so you just nodded and follow her to the back equipment room. It was dark and it smelled at dust. Shimizu turned on the lights and you show and big black blanket on the floor. "I found it here. Can you help me cleaning it?"

You were surprised to see the huge banner of Karasuno. All black with a single word 'FLY'. "I thought it would make the team motivated" she said, staring sadly at the banner. "After all, this will be the last year to some of us". You looked at Shimizu worriedly. She seemed to be feeling down. After all the years she spent there, she must have been attached to the club. It made you feel bad about judging her for some nonsenses. Suddenly, you walked forward and took the banned, Shimizu stared at you confused. You looked at her smiling. "Let's go, this isn't going to wash itself"

*Some days later*

"Let's go everyone! Make sure to eat and rest well" the coach shouted, so everyone on the gym could hear him. The boys started to collect the volleyballs and putting down the net. You quickly ran over to Ukai and whispered something on his ear. His eyes widened and he smiled. "Wait a second! Come here all of you" he called again. They looked at you, confused for a moment but quickly all of them were around Ukai and you. "It seems like the managers prepared something to you" he simply said, then looked at you as giving you permission to continue by yourself. You rapidly called Shimizu, who was preparing the ropes, as you went up to the second floor, the other manager soon following you.

At the count of three, Shimizu and you pulled down the banner, that was now cleaner than ever. The team just stared, with wide and sparkling eyes, as the word 'FLY' was read in front of them. "Since I'm not good at cheering, (Y/N) and I prepared this to you" Shimizu said, shily. "She found it while cleaning, and we washed it. So, good luck, everyone!" you happily said.

"That's so cool!" "We are fire up!" Nishinoya and Tanaka started to yelled enthusiastically. Daichi soon shushed them. "They aren't finished"

You glared at Shimizu, who was blushing, and decided to let her continue. The words she said to you some days ago where stuck on your head. 'This will be the last year to some of us'. Sighing, you looked at her, encouraging her to continue. She looked at you, and then back at the team, as she finally stuttered. "D-Do your best"

The team went silent instantly, with blank faces. Shimizu quickly went down to the first floor, followed by you, who gave her a tap on the shoulder calming her.

After a few seconds, the second and third years broke in tears, very motivated as they thanked Shimizu and you in a very loud way. It certainly was fun to watch it.

Soon, they were all heading to their house to rest. You told everyone to not stay up late, as they nodded at you asking if you were their mum.

When almost everyone were gone, you approached Nishinoya, who was still packing his belongings.

"So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow there" you shyly said to him. He turned his attention to you. "Right, you are going with the female team. Good luck to you too!" He exclaimed and without any warning, he happily leaned into you, giving you a bear hug surprising you. Before you had the chance to return it, he pulled apart. You saw that he was smiling from ear to ear, causing you to smile at his silly attitude. Suddenly, his hand started to mess with your hair, turning it tousled. However, you were too happy to mind so you just closed your eyes, grinning and enjoying the little contact.

"Thank you, (Y/N)-chan. I'll make sure to win tomorrow, for you!"

{Has anyone noticed I changed
the cover?  :3 }