Chapter 12 (Midnight talk)

Finally, the training camp began, and the volleyball club were feeling more excited than usual. When practise ended, all of you went to the residence you will be staying in for the next four nights. It was a wooden hostel, nearby the school. Also, you were asked to help with the cooking as the manager, along with Shimizu and Takeda. Since, you had to sleep there, Shimizu offered to stay as well, so that you weren't the only girl. That earned a cheer from the fanboy's duo "Yay! Kiyoko-san will be staying the night!" Tanaka exclaimed. "Yay! And (Y/N)-san too!" Nishinoya joined him while high-fiving each other.

*Time skip to night*

Shimizu and you set your beds on the girls room, which was as big as the boys room, so you two were going to have a lot of space. You went to shower together and when you finished, Shimizu went directly to bed, but you wanted to eat something before going to sleep. You headed toward the entrance with just a big T-shirt that reached the end of your shorts, the clothes you were going to sleep with. At the end of the corridor, you saw Tanaka and Hinata talking.

"What are you guys doing?" You asked them. Tanaka turned to you "(Y/N)-san, what are you doing up so late?" Tanaka asked you. "Just going to the kitchen" you said. You noticed that Hinata was pale and asked him what was wrong "I saw a child before" Hinata murmured. You tilted your head, confused, but as soon as you saw a figure approaching from behind Tanaka, you gasped. Hinata and Tanaka yelled, and you tried to calm them down, recognising who the child was.

"It's just Nishinoya, calm down!" you exclaimed, moving your hands. Noya just stood there, unaware of the reason of all the fuss.

"What are you three doing?" Noya said, confused. After the two boys recomposed themselves from the fright, the taller one exclaimed "Pff, Nishinoya has got smaller. His hair added height!" Tanaka burst into laugh. You just sweat dropped and Hinata didn't know what to do. "Oi, Ryu! Don't make fun of me!" Nishinoya started yelling at Tanaka and suddenly a hand rested on his right shoulder. "Don't make so much noise, Daichi-san is gon-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH"

"HEY! IT'S ME, ASAHI"

"SHUT UP ALREADY"

"..."

"Phew, Asahi-san looked so scary" you said to Nishinoya and Tanaka, who decided to join into your midnight snack. You grabbed some cookies from the kitchen and shared them with your friends.

"You know, (Y/N)-san, having you and Kiyoko-san sleeping here with us make it even more exciting!" Tanaka said and then glanced at Noya "Right, Noya-san?" He asked his friend. He became a bit flustered but recomposed himself "Yes, of course! Having our two beautiful managers with us is great"  he exclaimed, giving you a thumbs up. You blushed at his comment, and when you noticed this, you wondered why 'He is an admirer of Shimizu, not mine. Don't get too full of yourself' you internally sighed.

It wasn't the first time you saw Nishinoya go after Shimizu, but it afraid you thinking of the meaning of his admiration towards the older manager. "Thank you, I guess" you replied, laughing it off.

"Then, we should go to sleep already" Tanaka said, taking the last piece of cookie left. "Yeah, it must be pretty late" you three walked toward the corridor and Tanaka went ahead "I'll go to the toilet before heading to bed, see you tomorrow!" Tanaka said. "See ya, Tanaka" You waved at him. He hurriedly walked away from you.

You yawned and looked at Nishinoya "Well, I'll get going now too" he said. "Okay, good night Nishinoya-chan~" you said smiling and making your friend blush. You thought you got to tease him a bit for his hair. "What is the 'chan' for?!" He asked with a red face.

"You just look so cute with your hair down, almost like a kid." you giggled and he pouted. "A child, huh..." He murmured, looking down. You were about to walk away when his arms suddenly wrapped around your waist as his lips touched your forehead.

"Goodnight then, (Y/N)-chan~" he said after pulling apart, leaving you dumbfounded. Before you were able to say anything, he had already left and entered the boys room. You turned and slowly walked toward your room, thinking about what just happened.

You saw Shimizu was still awake, and she greeted you. After seeing you were a bit dizzy, she asked you what was wrong.

"I..." You started, touching your forehead, where Nishinoya's lips had been moments ago. "I think I have a small crush on someone" you murmured slowly.

Shimizu seemed surprised at your sudden words, but soon she smiled. "Let me guess, is it Nishinoya?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"H-how did you know?" You seemed startled. "Well, it wasn't hard to tell. Also, Nishinoya-san has changed since you appeared, too" she calmly said, tidying her clothes. You tilted your head in confusion "What do you mean he changed?" You asked her.

"Before you arrived, he was always after me and complimenting me. But he seemed to appreciate you a lot more" she said, giving you a gentle smile "He is a good boy, take care of him. I'll be supporting you two" and you blushed a lot. "T-thank you, Shimizu!" You said to her.

"Now, let's go to sleep, it is very late"

The next few days went over pretty quickly. The guys trained a lot and polished new technics. You noticed Nishinoya hanging around you more than usual. Neither of you mentioned what happened that night, but you could tell he was embarrassed because of the blush that formed on his face every time he hugged you. Yeah, he had been very huggy since then. He always found a chance to wrap his arms around you, wherever he was dizzy from tiredness or when he thought he saw an insect on your hair. You didn't mind though, it only made your crush for him gets bigger. You were just afraid that he might hear the loud sounds of your heartbeat.