Chapter 25 (Encounter)

The afternoon passed quickly and Karasuno still didn't seem to win any match. All the teams there were pretty strong, that was for sure. On the other hand, you and Nishinoya could manage to focus better in what you were doing since the conversation you two just had. Sometimes, he even spared a glance to you, making sure you were watching his every move and how well he was doing. You even shared a smile when your eyes met. Things like that made your heart jump and you found yourself surrounded by a heavy warming feeling every time someone realised your connection.

Yeah, that connection Nishinoya and you had. Like you could feel what the other was feeling, and even being able to understand what the other was thinking without any words, just by looking at your eyes.

That's why, as soon as Nekomata-sensei and the other coaches announced that it was time to leave the gym in order to rest, Nishinoya made his way to you and helped you collect the towels and the bottles left.

"Being a manager must be hard, doesn't it?" Nishinoya suddenly asked you out of nowhere. You looked at him for a moment. He had his arms behind his head, as he tried to stretch a bit more after the training.

Thinking about his question, being a manager was something you would have never considered if it weren't for Nishinoya. At first, you didn't like the idea of being the one who have to clean and generally support the players. You preferred, of course, to be the one who played.

However, that idea quickly changed when you realised it was a great chance to be able to see Nishinoya, the little libero who have inspired you, almost everyday. And by now, you had notice the advantages that had to be able to observe a team so close. Not only you spent time helping your friends and seeing their improvement, but also you could learn a lot from them.

With that on your mind, you gave Nishinoya a smile and answered his question.

"Not really" You said. "Thanks to this team, I feel like I have grown in volleyball and instead of thinking I'm wasting time I could use to practise, I think that I am able to learn a lot from you and the team."

Nishinoya gave you a curious look, his eyes a bit wide because he wasn't expecting that reply. 

"M-Me?" He immediately regretted his stuttering, but you seemed to ignore it as you continue telling him.

"You know, like, every time I see you do a cool movement I say to myself: 'I wanna try that one!' And I do it in my next practise with the girls!" You exclaimed, feeling the same excitement that you usually feel in that kind of moments.

Nishinoya and you turned the corner and finally arrived at the warehouse where the towels and bottles were store. You first put the ones you had on its place and then took the ones Nishinoya had carried.

"So, are you doing well in your volleyball team?" Nishinoya asked while exiting and watching you lock the warehouse.

"Yeah! The team was a bit down since the senpais left the team, but we are doing well. I've been teaching two other girls from first year, since they weren't good in receiving. Also, we've been trying a new collocation..." 

You started to ramble about your team, like you usually do when you start to talk about volleyball. Nishinoya just stared at you, unusually quiet, listening to your happy voice as you talk about the strategies that you had come up with.

'I'm glad she still have time for her team. I wouldn't want her to leave the manager position...' 

As soon as you took notice of the two separated corridors, you stopped.

"So, the boys sleep at the left corridor, right?" You sadly asked him, obviously wanting to spend more time with him.

Nishinoya nodded, and before you were able to head to your room, he turned to face you and put his hand on top of your head.