Chapter 20 (Expectation)

"We are going to Tokyo!" The teacher exclaimed, earning a shocked look on everyone.

"T-Tokyo?" Hinata stuttered, while the rest of the team had a hopeful expression. "That means... Nekoma?!" The boy shouted, too excited. However, Nishinoya flinched slightly hearing about that team, realising that he'll have to encounter the black haired captain again.

"Yes, but it's not only Nekoma" The teacher continued explaining. "It's an special training camp that the Academy Fukurodani organize, along with other teams. It's difficult to enter without any connections, so we'll have to thanks Nekomata for that" Ukai nodded and also thanked him for being able to convinced him.

"Wait, you said... Fukurodani?!" You suddenly exclaimed, surprising everyone at your sides. Nishinoya glared at you, confused. "Do you know them?" He asked.

"Of course! I've watched some matches on TV!" You exclaimed enthusiastically. "Their team is awesome and very strong. Their captain is also pretty cool, he have an strange owl look!" You continued babbling about them. When you were starting with volleyball you used to watch all the matches you could that were emitted on TV.

"Waah! I wanna go already and have a match with them!" Hinata came near you and matches your enthusiasm. The group started to yell, excited.

"So, what do you think?" Takeda asked, expecting an answer from the team. "Isn't it clear?" Daichi cleared his voice and confidently said, along with all of the guys.

"Of course we'll go!"

.
.
.

You wandered around one of the school's corridor, going toward your class after the break. However, before you could enter the classroom, you saw a familiar silhouette at the end of said corridor.

"Hmm? Yuu-kun, hello" You called the boy, gaining his attention. He saw you and smiled, walking to you. You noticed that some of your classmates were eyeing him, probably because he had been visiting almost every day. 'I understand, they may think we are going out or something by now'  You sweat dropped. That was what you wish, but things were way more complicated than that.

"(Y/N)-chan, I was looking for you!" He exclaimed. You wondered what may he want today. Maybe something about the training, like the other days he had came. "You know, I wanted to ask you something" He firmly said, looking directly at your eyes. You tilted your head, waiting for his question.

"Are you doing something this Friday, after school?" He said, blood rushing suddenly to his face. 'What the hell, Nishinoya, you have asked her this many times before!' He told himself. But maybe other times were easier, because it wasn't with the same intentions...

He had been planning the date. The date where he was going to ask you out.

Well, he had it all planned already. First of all, you two were going to watch a movie after school. That day they hadn't got training and he heard you comment to Shimizu the other day that on Friday, your afternoon was free. So he got tickets for a romantic comedy film, not an action one like last time because that won't create the mood. Then, with you sitting by his side, in one of the romantic scenes, he will catch your hand in his. 'That would probably make her blush...' He thought, smiling.

After the cinema, he'll invite you to an ice cream or a drink, and you'll go for a walk around the park. He knew a special place where you two could see the sunset. And then... he would tell you everything.

It was the perfect date, he even made an script to write down everything he wanted to tell you once he finally confessed. It had to be perfect. Now, the only thing left was to make it reality.

"Hmm,... this Friday?" You putted your hand on your chin, thinking about what you planned for that day. Nishinoya just stood there. He was a bundle of nerves.

You glanced at him and laughed when you saw him all tense. "Hahaha, don't worry! I'm free on Friday. You have been training really hard lately, so you deserve a break." You smiled at him as he calmed down. On that moment, you looked like an angel to him. "Should I tell Tanaka and Hitoka to come wi-" 

"No!" He firmly shouted before you could finish, surprising you. He kept staring confidently at you, making your face grew red, knowing what it could mean. 'He want us to be alone' .

"O-Okay then. We'll meet this Friday. Bye!" You stuttered and quickly went inside your classroom, passing through him and closing the door behind. Phew.

'Did Nishinoya just ask you on a date?' You put your hands in your hot cheeks to cool them down. You surely didn't expect that.

You gasped when you heard someone snickering besides you. Hitoka was laughing at your reaction. Your face went instantly blank. Did she heard everything?!

"Aww, (Y/N)-chan!~ That was so sweet! Can't believe you two are going to be a couple so soon!" She said, fangirling about you two. Then she stopped and realised what she just said. "Wait, actually no. It's about time! It's been months since you two had a like for each other." You walked to her like a zombie and hugged her, feeling extremely insecure and nervous all of a sudden.

"Hitoka-chan.... please help me"

.

.

.

"The camp will be next month, we've already set the date and we'll give you a document for your parents to sign" Takeda announced. All the team were gathered around him and the coach.

"That's great!" You heard some of the boys shout, obviously excited for the camp. You too thought that the camp was a fantastic idea to improve. If they wanted to get better, they'll have to practise with strong opponents. Maybe you'll get a chance to practise with them too.

"However, something important will happen next month too." Takeda continued, interrupting everyone enthusiasm. All the boys stopped what they were doing to look at the teacher. "You have to pass all your exams. You know it, right?"

Silence made its way to all of them, especially Nishinoya, Tanaka, Hinata and Kageyama. You gulped, as you remembered Nishinoya had a hard time with some subjects on the previous exams. Oh...

"If you fail any subject, you'll have to go to extra classes on that same weekend." The teacher said with an inquisitive expression. The four boys started to panic and the rest of the team tried to calm them down, except for Tsukishima, who just laughed. Hinata even asked Ukai to help him, and both Nishinoya and Tanaka were already praying. You, however, stayed next to Shimizu, face palming because of the situation.

"Calm down, everyone!" Daichi exclaimed, shutting all the team. "We have time before the exams. All of us are going to Tokyo, we need these four idiots!" He stared at the four boys, who seemed like their hopes had already left their souls. "We'll help you study, don't worry!" Sugawara joined him, trying to comfort them.

"Let's meet this Friday. We don't have training that day so we'll reunite to study!" The captain said in a tone that didn't accept any replicates. On that moment, Nishinoya shuddered, and you went white.

'Wait... not this Friday!'