Chapter 22 (Insecurities)

"Are you sure this isn't too much?" You worriedly asked your friend, who was taking a look at your appearance. Hitoka had come to your house as soon as you messaged her desperately for help, but still were not quite sure of the girl's choice. 

She stared at your orange dress inquisitively, before going again towards your closet. "Maybe it is too much since you usually don't wear dresses" She admitted. Even though you had let her choose your clothes, you preferred to wear something more comfortable and that doesn't seemed too formal.

After all, you didn't want Nishinoya to notice you thought that was a date, even if it was.

A couple of hours later, you were standing in front of the park where you two accorded to meet. You had arrived earlier, so you decided to sit on a bench while waiting for him. Your eyes took a look at the outfit Hitoka and you decided. It was a simple blouse with a skirt, something you'd wear for any other occasion. Not too formal neither too casual.

If everything go as planned, that would be the day you confessed your feeling towards the boy. And if even that go well, he would reciprocate your feelings.

As you realised the type of situation you were in, cold sweat started to form on your palms and your face started to become pale. You gripped the hem of your skirt, trying to control your nerves.

Even after all your friends told you that Nishinoya liked you back, you couldn't help but feel insecure. His friendship was something you certainly didn't want to lose. What if your friends misunderstood him? What would you do if he doesn't see you in the same way you do?

A voice took you out of your endless thoughts as you turn around, seeing Nishinoya approaching the bench you were sitting at. 

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan" Nishinoya greeted, standing in front of you. "Sorry, have you been waiting for too long?" He asked and you hurried to shook your head, saying that you had only been there a couple of minutes.

After exchanging a few more words, an uncomfortable silence formed between you two. Nishinoya noticed this and quickly said the first thing to come to his mind.

"S-So, (Y/N), you look really pretty today!" He said, trying not to sound too nervous. As soon as his words echoed through your ears, a smile formed in your lips. 

Somehow, you knew those things usually happen in dates, so you were prepared to avoid the stammering in your voice or the reddening of your cheeks. Yeah, in 'dates'.

"Thank you, Yuu-kun. You look great too." You hurriedly said. "Hitoka helped me choose them." You took a look at him. He was wearing jeans and a simple shirt with a jacket. Pretty normal clothes, just like yours.

"Yachi-san?" He said, thinking about something. "Ah! I heard she was coming to the training camp. Is it true?" He asked.

"Yes!" You exclaimed, smiling widely. "She designed a poster to help collect money for the trip, so Takeda-sensei offered her to come" Honestly, you were really happy when Hitoka told you about it. She had always been pretty shy and reserbed, but ever since she met Hinata and Kageyama, she had been acting more driven and determined towards her goals. Meeting new people have made her want to improve and, besides, what's better than going to the training camp with your best friend?

"So, uhm, shall we go for the movie?" The boy said, taking from his pocket two tickets for the cinema, as you nodded, grinning.

You two headed towards the station and took the train that left you near the cinema. It was a sci-fi film, which was a genre you enjoyed. Nishinoya liked the film too, but he commented that there should have been more action scenes.