Chapter 11 (Higher)

It was Monday and the classes had just ended. You waved goodbye to Hitoka as you headed towards the gym, like every common day.

You weren't surprised when you saw Hinata and Kageyama already practising. They really hurry to get there the first ones. Moments later, the rest of the team entered. Noya saw you and he greeted you cheerfully "Hi, (Y/N)-san!" The rest of the team also waved at you. You saw Tanaka approaching Nishinoya and whispering something on his ear, that you could hear as a "When are you going to ask her out?" Making both Nishinoya and you go red, as you remembered what happened at the end of the other day.

*Saturday night*

After the fireworks, the crowd started to get smaller and Nishinoya and you were finally able to reunite with the team. They were worried that you didn't returned before. "Sorry, we couldn't make it through the crowd" Nishinoya told the team. You gave the bucket of sugar cotton to Ennoshita, who thanked you. "Well, at least you two were together" Sugawara seemed relieved that you weren't alone at least "You sure you couldn't returned or is it that you two wanted to be alone?" Tanaka said with a suggestive face, making Daichi hit him slightly on the head for doing such a question. But that made you two blush a lot and you still didn't know why.

When you exited the park, the team went on separate paths. Nishinoya and you lived nearby, so you walked together and he took you home. When you two arrived to the front door of your apartment block, you turned to him "Thank you for today, Nishinoya. I had fun" you smiled at him. "Yes, I had fun too" he timidly replied. You two stayed in silence for a few seconds, until it was too uncomfortable and Nishinoya broke the silence "So, I'll get going. See you on Monday" he said awkwardly "Y-yeah, see you" you were about to turn to your house, when he grabbed your shoulders and suddenly gave you a quick hug. As you realised that you were on his arms, you started to blush a lot, and his face wasn't any different from yours. However, he rapidly pulled apart and waved goodbye, walking away and leaving you confused. But you were able to see his reddened face, making you thought 'Maybe he likes me?'

'No way!' You panicky thought when you heard that question. "R-Ryuu!" Nishinoya stuttered, pulling his friend away. 'But, what if he likes me? What am I supposed to do?!' Your mind was a mess as you thought of all the romance novels you had seen. You had never experienced it on reality. Never in your life had someone confess to you or ask you out, so what were you supposed to do? 'Do I even like him that way?'

All of them started to run, and you decided to join them a bit to warm up, since you had to train too. You were going to participate on the preliminaries of the Inter-High with the female team. You were sad since you wanted to practise with your actual team, but since they usually ditch practise, you would do it with the male team. You sometimes help them on the matches too, so you could also improve your receptions and serves.

You ran with them for a few minutes, and then hurried to the warehouse to get the net and set it for them. That was part of your job as a manager, too, as well as Shimizu's, who always help you with it. However, you couldn't see the other manager around there, so you decided to set it by yourself. Bad idea, since the net was storaged on a high shelf hanging on the wall at a height you couldn't reach. You extended your arm and tiptoed, but it was no use. 'Ugh, damn height'.

Just as you were jumping desperately, Tsukishima saw you from outside the warehouse and he started to laugh at you "Look at that shrimp, are you too short to reach that?" he said with a sly smile. You groaned at him. He always made fun of your height and it irritated you. If only you could be able to look down at him.

You were about to reply him with an insult, but you saw Nishinoya walking toward you two. He had heard what Tsukishima said to you and seemed irritated as well, so he, without a warning, bent down next to you and put your legs around his shoulders, lifting you up. "Nishinoya?!" You exclaimed. You were taken by surprised, so you grabbed for the nearest thing for support, being this his head.

It took you a few seconds to stabilise. After you were safely on his shoulders, you were able to look with details everything that before seemed high, but now it was at your vision line. And what's more, you were looking down at Tsukishima, who was at a lower height. "Hey, Tsukishima! Now you can't look down at her!" Nishinoya exclaimed. Tsukishima was surprised at first and before he could say anything, Nishinoya added. "We might be short alone, but if we are together we can reach higher than you!" he exclaimed, smiling. You were already embarrassed because of Nishinoya's actions, but after realising what he had just say, you felt like a blushing mess. Tsukishima groaned and started to walk away "Whatever, just set the net already" he vaguely said.

You took advantage of your position to put the net down, Nishinoya helping you. When you were finished, he put you down and apologised to you. "Don't apologise! Thanks for helping me" you quickly replied to him as he nodded and walked away in the direction of the rest of the team.

They practised for a few hours, until Ukai sent all of them to their house. "Don't stay up too late! We have the training camp tomorrow, so you would be able to practise more" He said, exiting the gymnasium.

That's right. Tomorrow the volleyball club were going to a training camp for four days. And the last of them, there would be a match against Nekoma, the eternal rival of Karasuno. All of you were excited, even you. Nekoma was a very good team, especialized on its defence, so you were sure you would learned something new to improve your receives.

'I can't wait to it' you thought enthusiastically.

{I just wanted to thank you all for your votes and comments. It makes me really happy when I see them! Also, I would like to know your opinion of this story. Do you like it? What can I improve? It is my first fanfiction and I really want to do it well, so please be sincere! Thank you~ ^^}